How to stop studio lag

How do I stop my games from lagging in studio its real annoying is that a script or is it something else?

6 Likes

Do you also have lag in-game? I dont really understand what do you mean.

5 Likes

yes i do 30charrssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

It’s either massive amount of objects, or maybe script is doing it, which is probably a virus. Have you inserted any free models into your game?

2 Likes

yes i have 30charrssssssssssssssss

Check for any scripts in free models you’ve inserted. If they aren’t supposed to be there just delete them/check how much objects they have in them

2 Likes

it also lags on an empty baseplate

1 Like

Then the problem is at the free models, Dont trust free models and do it yourself.

Logically its not every free models but yeah this is a prevention.

2 Likes

Well, this is a question a lot of people have been asking about and I can say that studio lag can be caused by a lot of different variables. For one, if you have a lot of baseparts or parts in studio, they could all cause lag depending on your computer set up as to having a more powerful setup the less lag you may get from studio and games.

Another good reason you could be receiving lag in studio or in-game might be because you have a malicious file or plugin installed currently and it’s infecting your game with viruses which can lag a user in studio. This is something to be very cautious of because it could be multiple viruses or instances that are involved in this such as some being files you could have possibly downloaded or something from the roblox website directly.

I do suggest that you check your computers downloaded files, check your scripts in roblox studio, and close some things with task manager if it is your PC that is causing you lag in studio. If there are too many instances running on your PC, it takes up a lot of memory which can be slowing down your PC causing lag in games and studio.

14 Likes

You can use free models in your game and not all of them would cause lag in studio, some being just a simple require script allowing other users to be able to exploit your game entirely. I’ve seen a good bit of developers using free models in their game and not having any issues with them, you just need to check them beforehand upon inserting them into your game.

2 Likes

Should i delete all my plugins

Try uninstalling them from studio and only reinstalling the ones you need or use on a daily basis.

2 Likes

What are your system specs? If you’re on a lower-end computer, that could be the problem.

4 Likes

The lag might be from too many parts that are all clustered up and are not anchored together.

2 Likes

ok tysm 30charrssssssssssssssssssss

As I said, its not all free models but its a prevention.

2 Likes

I feel you, man. Once I used a free model morph, and it made a virus that crashed Roblox. Took me a month to figure out the problem. Anyways, glad that you solved the problem way faster than I did. Good luck on future projects.

4 Likes

e7c
(im new to devforum btw)

i have studio lag that is werid, no lag in test mode but lag in edit mode when i either: select, size, rotate, select, or inserting instances it freezes for a bit. how would i fix this?

roblox studio inst using more than 2% when freezing in task manager is it an issue with my cpu or studio? i have tried reinstalling, this issue occured when i enabled animations in windows 10, and then i disabled animations the issue stayed, i have a 12 core 4 ghz cpu, i hope i can get some help on how to fix this?

[This issue occurs in all my savefiles, no matter the size or scripts or parts, a simple baseplate is laggy in edit mode (Classic Baseplate)]

3 Likes

Honestly I do experienced them too, It is very weird, even at the Classic Baseplate.
Or a published game, My roblox studio has 96%(or up) usage, But i have beta
features on, I don’t think that beta feature is associated to the lag.

I got something to add, I had this really big game called team fortress 2 on my laptop, and apparently, big PC files/apps can also cause studio lag. I deleted it and all was good