How to stop them from respawning after calling LoadCharacter?

How would I stop the player from respawning after calling LoadCharacter? The goal is to make them only spawn 1 time.

Turn off game.Players.CharacterAutoLoads.

When they join, call LoadCharacter.

game.Players.CharacterAutoLoads = false

game.Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(player)
     player:LoadCharacter()
end)

You can disable auto character reloads but you would then have to load the character manually. You can also disable the reset button. I forgot how to disable the reset button but it should have something to do with StartGui

1 Like

Found an post on it ResetButtonCallback has not been registered by the CoreScripts

1 Like

I’m not worried about them resetting, I already call LoadCharacter when the round starts. This is a battle royale where they only are supposed to spawn in once.

The post says “after calling LoadCharacter”.

1 Like

Nvm guys, I figured it out. Thank you for the replies :slight_smile:

This is a completely different post. SetCore does not have anything related to LoadCharacter. You can disable resetting in properties of some service and not with SetCore. With ResetButtonCallback you can change the action after a player clicks the reset button.

I replied to your post not a solution.

Like I tried to help you and the post creator, because you gave a wrong answer.

how did I give the wrong answer. you want to disable reset after load character so just disable the reset button.the post I linked was showing the responses of people trying to help the other dude do it.i thought you would find one that worked for you.

1 Like

The post you linked was a discussion about setcore. You can disable the reset button in a few seconds in properties of a service (I don’t exactly remember it).

If you want to use SetCore you can use this:

game:GetService("StarterGui"):SetCore("ResetButtonCallback", false)

ik how to disable a reset button bruh. the whole point of my post was to show him how

2 Likes