How to understand math.cos,sin,tan,acos,asin,atan

This is a terrible debate. @PresidentIvan is correct, and his analogy is usable. Your just looking at it wrong.

Objects are used to explain math everywhere, so your point is just as “invalid” as you say his is.

4 Likes

A house is indeed not related to math, but an example of it can be made. And I’m saying that those 2 math functions are based off a building that has a floor and a ceiling. What is wrong with the concept I brought up? I brought it up so that it can viewed in a simple way. Cuz I used to confuse those 2 functions until I realized what they’re based off of. I’m ending this discussion here, any response you make, I will ignore it and I think others should do the same.

3 Likes

How does looking up to your house roof is related with math.ceil, wow.

Honestly I already said I’d stop responding but I guess I have to tell you again, that they AREN’T related! It is just an example, so that you can understand better what those functions do. Math.ceil and a ceiling are not related in any form of way, but they do have something in common, which is their meaning. Math.ceil function rounds a number up, same thing with a ceiling… it’s above you and always will be above you. And just thinking that the ceiling is always above you, it will make people stop confusing with math.floor and math.ceil. Because it’s already in their names, since the floor is on the bottom, the floor function will round down. And since the ceiling is on top, the ceil function will round up. This is why they’re called math.floor and math.ceil.

7 Likes

I know perfectly well what math.ceil does and what math.floor does, please stop responding :slight_smile:

1 Like

Of course you know what they do now, but we just had an argument for no reason all because you weren’t acknowledging my simplified explanation of what they do and wouldn’t explain why it’s wrong. All you said was “it’s wrong, you can’t compared objects to math”

15 Likes

This must be the funniest debate ive ever seen

5 Likes

you have to take math lessons :person_shrugging:

2 Likes