How to use DataStore2 - Data Store caching and data loss prevention

That’s not what I meant. I was referring to how the Combine function actually works/how I retrieve data after combining data stores. I am very confused as to how Combine actually works.

You’re not really meant to think about that, you just use Combine for the keys and use DataStore2 as you normally would.

DataStore2.Combine("DATA", "Cash")

-- later
print(DataStore("Cash", player):Get(0))

If you want to use this table as the default data, you can just loop over it and combine them all.

I think I understand, thank you for the clarification

1 Like

I keep getting the error “Not running script because past shutdown deadline” when using DataStore2 in studio which causes the studio to freezes whenever I stop a testing session, is there any fix to this?

I require the the module using direct ID: DataStore = require(1936396537)

Hey there! :slight_smile: I remember some plans for an auto-combine feature, has that been implemented yet?

As said several times before in the thread, this is a Roblox bug that is getting fixed soon.

It has not, I haven’t had much time to work on it.

1 Like

Ohh so that how, i never knew this studio feature like that… :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Hey @Kampfkarren why cant i just do it on another script for example i made the DataStore2 in my leaderstats and if i do it on another i always get an error i made a solution but the coins are 0 in value my blades are in 75 for example then i exchange it becomes 0 coins?

Hello, @Kampfkarren how I can access the offline players’ data with DataStore2 when I am in the game?

This could be a feature in the future. Currently DataStore2 has no way to retrieve offline player data.

Whenever I use a datastore, what does the name go under. For instance:

local store = DS2("Money", plr)

what would the data store name and key be?

Edit: If youre wondering it is for crazyman’s datastore edit module. I need it for testing

Not sure whether I am doing something wrong or roblox has still not managed to fix the BindToClose() error but out of nowhere I get these errors which I never had.

According to BindToClose 100% Infinite Yield - #107 by nsgriff

The BindToClose() error should be fixed (and it was fixed for me, I had no errors the whole day). But out of nowhere I get errors about using too many datastore requests… I haven’t changed anything for the past few days concerning DataStore2.

I am pretty sure I use DataStore2 correctly and it worked perfect for me the past few days (aside from the infinite yield BindToClose error)

I will just keep an eye out on this forum and hopefully I can find a solution… (I already tried a fresh version of DataStore2 but the errors stay the same)

Found a thread with more information concerning this problem

This is how you search using the data store editor: How to use DataStore2 - Data Store caching and data loss prevention - #287 by Kampfkarren

DataStore2 won’t show up in my toolbox no matter what I try - should I just use the .rbxmx file?

The model is deprecated, so yes. The release is the only recommended way to download DataStore2.

Ah. I was not aware of this. Thanks!

Not sure what you mean by this?

Is the github release the latest? Just wondering because on github the latest version was released in september so like 5 months ago

2 Likes