How to use Placement Service

well what about deleting objects from the data store

1 Like

thanks for the reply. I’ll have to check out the latest version

1 Like

This module is not a datastore module. It is strictly a placement system kit.

Have you messed with this idea yet by chance? I am looking to add wall and ceiling planes along with the floor, and before I start going ham modifying the module to accommodate for this I wanted to make sure you hadn’t already done it.

I am working on it but have not released due to lack of time and progress. I am determined to figure it out but again, cannot promise anything.

Alright no worries, I will put something together. Thanks for the quick response.

1 Like

Your explanations were super clear and easy to follow, awesome job on the module! Just want to add that I would totally be in support of a “bridging” update to the module, assuming it gets worked on again.

1 Like

I am still working on the “bridging” mechanic for a later update. I just wanted to get cross platform out first because I ran into problems with it. Anyway, good to hear you enjoyed the tutorial and the module :+1:

1 Like

And… bookmarked :bookmark:! I really like this module a ton and plan on using this in my game, city tycoon! It featured almost anything I could ever imagine! One thing though, is there a property that prevents the layer from placing objects on top of each other? Because I found that when trying to place on top it sometimes ends up floating besides it. Other then that 10/10!

Edit:
I forgot to mention it’s very easily customizable! I was able to allow it to place on multiple plots depending on the value and was able to adjust almost every preset, nothing but compliments for this module!

1 Like

Is there any way to fix this? I want to place this unit here, but a detector is in the way, and isn’t allowing the unit to be placed:

(Basically, I am asking if its possible to blacklist the detector in the unit, or just make it only check the PrimaryPart)

Other than that, everything works fine!

You can turn CanTouch to false on the blacklisted objects and this should fix the issue. There is currently no native way to fix this but I may look into this in a future update without using CanTouch.

1 Like

Does anyone know how to place multiple objects at the same time? So when i hold down the left mouse button i can draw multiple objects like in Theme Park Tycoon 2.

1 Like

The closest thing to this feature is the “auto-place” feature although it isn’t very accurate for placing rows of objects. I may look into this in the future however as of now, you will have to implement this on your own.

Okay thanks for the reply. I would love to see a video about it!

Loving this so far, thanks for making it! One thing I did find is that when I rotated my grid base part, it still treated it as it if it were the non-rotated orientation.

I wasn’t sure if this was a bug or just a limitation of the module.

A huge thank you for sharing this module.

Will more features be added to this module in the future?
I’m thinking about things like selecting an already placed part and move it or delete it. Or perhaps there’s events that can be hooked into to accomplish this?

Yes, currently if you rotate the plot, the module does not work properly. I am trying to fix this but right now don’t have time to work it out.

The module simply handles the placement aspect. It isn’t a tycoon kit in itself. This means anything outside of placement has to be handled by the developer using it (deletion etc…).

As for what features will be added, you can view this in the roadmap on the documentation. Just note that has not been updated in over a month though so it is a bit outdated at the moment.

1 Like

I’m curious as to whether I’m using this wrong or not? On two sides placing blocks directly next to another works perfectly yet on the other two sides it doesn’t? Am I doing something wrong? I’ve attempted to fix this via the module and haven’t had any luck so far so I was wondering if you had any suggestions @zblox164.

Gyazo Video of Circumstances

I’m confused as to why one side works at all. The module currently doesn’t have any code that adjusts stackable objects on sides. I am looking into adding this in but haven’t had the time to yet. Your situation is very strange though.