How to use Placement Service

This is not the place to ask this question. You should probably create a new topic in a support channel instead.

Thanks for this!

Didn’t want to spend the time recreating a system from the ground up, so I built off this. It’s really easy to work with.

you most likely have setup the module incorrectly. It works fine for me. If you need assistance, create a topic or message me directly.

It’s working now, I made a typo lol. Thanks for the module!

1 Like

Hi, This happens a lot but sometimes it works fine.
07aa07097c70e725aa5393c58255665b

1 Like

I am aware of this issue and am working on fixing it. It seems to happen when the plot is rotated to anything other than 0.

For any future readers, this has be fixed.
Model movement inverted on rotated plane? - #2 by zblox164

1 Like

Is there a way to disable stacking objects on top of one another

It looks like you used EgoMoose’s placement tutorial. The only problem I have with his is that when your mouse goes off the canvas, it still moves it, which for me at least is unwanted behavior.

I actually didn’t use any tutorials at all. I looked at multiple placement systems to see how some of the math was done but other than that it was all on my own.

As for the issue, you can add a simple if statement where it moves the model and check to see if the mouse.Target is on the plot. That should solve the issue.

If you notice, there is actually a parameter in the activate() function which controls this.

Hello, checking in as I’ve been really enjoying this module so far. This is another behavior that seems to limit the movement of a rotated model on one axis of the plot. My explanation might not be as understandable, but demonstrated below. Grid movement ROCKS otherwise!

392950ccc11293281b832651959adaf1
EDIT: I’ve changed the section dealing with X & Z size of primary part to fit my needs.
8fd70f98c38afc6b37748ac7845917f3

I’m using this module in my game right now! This is the best module I’ve seen yet for building! I’ve been using this to practice OOP and creating my own modules. Thanks for making this!

1 Like

I’m confused though, how can I get it to be placed on the side of the block? Sort of like the bridging concept in Minecraft.

1 Like

bruh, i have the same problem…

@Hyules @Jeremiahbabers This feature is not net implemented, however I am starting to look into this feature for the next big update. Cannot promise anything but will do my best! Thanks again for using the module!

I made my own building system that works pretty well, by simply by using ray casting, and for the preview using the normals so the block can be placed on all sides.

I’m very new to using the forums and I’m still a noob at coding and stuff but I was wondering if their is any other system with minecraft bridging like mechanics that would really be great for my game

As I said above, this feature isn’t included as of now, but I am working on it for another update

Hi Zblox

Great set of tutorials on YouTube.
I noticed you mentioned the rotation problem
I solved this by removing the plot orientation during the save. I you don’t the load adds the rotation again . Found this using surface GUI and the noted that rotation error matched the plot rotation
Here is my amended code
for i, obj in ipairs(plot.itemHolder:GetChildren()) do
plotOrientation = plot.plot.Orientation.Y

table.insert(data, {

["name"] = obj.Name,
			["transform"] = {
				["x"] = plot.plot.CFrame:ToObjectSpace(CFrame.new(obj.PrimaryPart.CFrame.p)).X;
				["y"] = plot.plot.CFrame:ToObjectSpace(CFrame.new(obj.PrimaryPart.CFrame.p)).Y;
				["z"] = plot.plot.CFrame:ToObjectSpace(CFrame.new(obj.PrimaryPart.CFrame.p)).Z;
				["r"] = obj.PrimaryPart.Orientation.Y - plotOrientation
			}
		})	
	end		

Adding orientation.Y - plotOrientation worked for me

I am happy you enjoyed/are enjoying the series. The rotation issue was with the placement module itself (and has since been fixed with the latest update 1.41) not the saving system shown in the series.

1 Like