How to use the Roblox App Beta (Mac & Windows)

Yeah, it saves the hassle for kids who do not know if their PC is 32 or 64-bit, programs like Microsoft Edge are 32-bit anyways (this is on a 64-bit computer with a Celeron N2840)

1 Like

This guide actually works! Thanks.

Except, 5 months ago I already made a guide on this. I just added this to that.

This is much more easier tho.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Btw, in that you say that using -app on RobloxAppLauncher would work, but that’s actually not the case at all. The RobloxAppLauncher is basically the same file that you download to install Roblox. Executing it with -app basically tries to open it instead of reinstalling Roblox.

RobloxAppBeta.exe is the actual client, essentially --app will just enable the menu to show up. We are doing that to basically cut the ‘middle-man’ that is the RobloxAppLauncher.

Additionally, here’s some reasons to not use the command prompt way. (any of the methods that use the little code)

• Will ask you to relogin everytime.

• It’s harder to execute than the shortcut.

• Additionally, I remember seeing people talking about the code method coming from Vermillion which made their topic get deleted.

As of the moment, I prefer having this method over having the actual beta, which I had access in an alt, the app has some lag spikes here and there. So launching from the website is useful for competitive games, since that will use the normal way.

1 Like

RobloxPlayerBeta.exe lol

You have to use --app otherwise it’ll think your trying to join a game.

Yeah, it probably would be easier for games like Arsenal

1 Like

Yes, it is utterly ridiculous that they didn’t start migrating to 64-bit years ago. Same goes for Microsoft Edge…

The legacy Edge probably supported 64-bit but it’s probably because it moved to Chromium and I don’t think any Chromium browsers are 64-bit

Is it possible to make the app auto-open when you start your computer/PC?

There also seems to be a bug when you do the commands you written above. For me it didnt let my Copy and Paste, although I found a way to fix it.

Adding to that, when the app updated, I had to redo everything and now it doesnt seem to work.

1 Like

Try finding where the RobloxPlayerBeta.exe is. That is a problem on your end, because you’re probably trying to launch the wrong location. Try copying the Roblox Player shortcut from the search bar instead, and then creating a desktop copy, then change it on the desktop.

Yeah, I talk about this here:

You can use Task Scheduler or place the shortcut in shell:startup.

This is what’s supposed to happen, can’t really fix it rn

Can’t someone make a CMD or PowerShell script? I’d rather not use Python. (PowerShell is more likely than CMD due to it being a mini programming language)

1 Like

It can also load a new Roblox Menu in Game, on the website, it loads the old one

Why are there quotation marks around RobloxPlayerBeta.exe and a space? Also, it won’t work if the version-... points to an old version no longer on your computer.

This is necessary for knowing where the file is. Yeah, you have to update it every week but I have it pinned to my taskbar and the shortcut still seems to work and I’ve had it there for like a month.

Thank you for sharing, I’ve been waiting for a tutorial like this for a long time.

1 Like

This is perfect. This is just Roblox Mobile App but in Windows. I also like the fact that it uses the new Roblox menu, it’s so cool. :smiley:

2 Likes

Is it possible for mac clients?

I think Roblox is slowly rolling out a Mac beta but a workaround has not been found yet.

I might see if I can find a workaround though since I have a macOS Big Sur VM.

1 Like

A WORKAROUND FOR MACOS IS HERE!
Just input this into Chrome. This will not work with Safari:
This is also opt in! Only do it once, then click the Roblox icon on your dock or launchpad!

roblox-player:+launchmode:app+robloxLocale:en_us+gameLocale:en_us+LaunchExp:InApp

Now if this doesn’t work for you, try updating to macOS Big Sur. If it still doesn’t work, PM Me.

Message to Windows haters, specifically @R0bl0x10501050

Bruh. You probably have an old Mac. Macs are a lot better, and even though Roblox is not optimized for M1 yet, Roblox is running like a champ, even if I were to open stuff.

These happen on WINDOWS! Lol.

Idk what you mean by these. Never had these. Also, explain why most Roblox admins use mac? Also Mac seems a lot more polished than Windows.

1 Like

Does this have the same issue as the equivalent of this protocol thing on Windows? There was something similar to Windows but the issue is that you would have to log in everytime you did that.

1 Like