How would I be able to replicate this UI Effect

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve? Replicate this UI that is focus on one part of the map, but is visible at all times through the walls and floors and spans for an infinite amount of space.

2. What is the issue? i can’t replicate the UI in the way it is done in this game.

3. What solutions have you tried so far? I’ve tried looking for similar replications of this, but have not been able to. As well as trying to play around with UI’s as I’d assuming it should retain around a billboard gui, but should be visible in the players gui at the same time.

This is the UI I am trying to replicate. As you can see, the red lines span and infinite amount of space away from the center, in which the center is always in the same place, and the lines are always visible no matter the direction you face. (Images from a Summer:Flare speed run).

If anyone has any suggestions on how to replicate this ui, or and pointers, please let me know!

2 Likes

For making the UI visible at all times and go through walls.
Have you tried making the MaxDistance to inf so it can be seen at any distance?
and for making it so you can see through walls and floors you can just enable the AlwaysOnTop Property.
if you want a consistent size, change the billboard size to scale not offset.

3 Likes
2 Likes