How would I check someones visits from a script?

Yikes. Can you clarify what you mean by “how would I check someones visits from a script?”

Are you looking to do this outside of a roblox game, or in a roblox game?

Sorry, I’m just realizing that this was really vague. I’m looking to do it inside of a game using the Roblox API. The script would print out how many total visits the player has on their account.

I don’t think Roblox handles that and only counts the TOTAL visits.

Probably use a Datastore to count the visits. if there is no such thing.

I’m confused, I want it to count the Total Visits. Also how are DataStores relevant?

I don’t think there is such an API for counting how many visits a player has on your game.
I was just mentioning if there is no such API then Datastores would be relevant.

1 Like

What @snoopy1333 is saying, if roblox doesn’t provide the number for you, you must store it and provide it for yourself.

Thank you, Sorry i don’t explain well.
I appreciate the help on explaining.

If you want to know how many different people visit, then make a badge and give it to the player when they join.

Oh, sorry. What I mean is I want to see how many visits the player has on THEIR game. Like a game similar to game tracker. I see how you got confused, my bad.

Hmmm it’s possible it’s grabbing an API from an unofficial website that tracks Roblox game visits.
and then using that information in a roblox game. But i’m not sure.

Hmm, ok. Does anyone reccomend a good way to get started with API that’s a little more simple?

Sorry but i have never used API’s before. I wish luck to you on your project.

Thank you, I’ll start by getting the amount of Robux from a user.

The answer has been already given as multiple people in this post said, you basically save a number value using datastore, and each time a player ever joins the game, add 1 to that saved value. At the end, that would be how many times he visited.

That isn’t what I mean, for example. There’s an API to get the amount of a users Robux. I want to know how to make one that gets a user’s visits.

I know what an API is, the thing is that piece of information (number of visits) doesn’t exist from what it seems like, if it did I’m sure someone must’ve linked it by now.

1 Like

Oh ok, thanks. Like I said, this is confusing to me.

1 Like

The deeper you go into scripting the harder it’ll get.
API’s are more confusing than Datastores. Just for reference.

Yeah, I think I’d rather start by checking the amount of Robux a user has.

That would also need another API and would require you to get the user’s password and log in to get the amount of robux that user has

For the visits, this’ll need an external server that gets the HTML code from the user’s profile and sends it back to your script, then you’d need to get the place visits for this - as mentioned before, roblox doesn’t have an API for this

1 Like