How would i go about about making a car mesh body deform?

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear! I would like to know how you could make a car mesh from blender Change shape/ Deform

2. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible! I don’t know how to make a car mesh Change shape or deform

3. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub? I have searched the devforum and found nothing related to this topic

Hello so i’m making a realistic car with realistic features for my game and i wanted to add a mesh deform when the car body is touched but the issue if i don’t know how to how could i go about changing the mesh shape or adding a Mesh deformation to a MeshPart in roblox?

Maybe try checking this post out!

1 Like

Just be patient roblox will be soon going to add that feature but other way is to animate skinned mesh cars

1 Like

This is possible, there is a severe lack of support from Roblox with Mesh Deformation especially with them trying these Rthro models.

For instance a custom character mesh deform rig doesn’t support Tools…

The way to do this will be a TON of bones one for each major part of the vehicle then would require you to shift the bone a certain amount in the reversed direction not sure how you’d do collision detection but Ray casts may be a good place to start.

This is 100% possible right now!

However it may be easy to go a different route, develop pre-deformed meshes like a broken hood or what not then change the visibility based on areas the vehicle has collided. For instance maybe 4 models and states of damage to the front hood.
Perfect condition, Slight bend, Badly bent, fully removed.

2 Likes