How would i go about increasing performance in my game?

I’m not sure then. Could it just be your setup?

wdym by setup?

asdasdasdasd

like just your computer setup.

its not just me as the performance is bad for other players aswell
Edit: the game has bad performance in the normal roblox player aswell so its not just me

1 Like

I’m not sure then. It could just be the game having to render a lot.

I understand this issue. To this day I still have no idea about how to increase performance in games, as there are seemingly no useful tutorials on YouTube, the developer forum, nor any other platforms. It’s super discouraging, that I will admit. I’m not sure how to help you, but maybe this can help:

isnt this basically the same as StreamingEnabled, which has done nothing to improve performance

So after a long time testing around, i found the reason why the game performes so bad, its the tank models, now i dont want to remove to much detail so how would i go about saving a ton of fps while still having decent amount of detail on the models (the part count of these models is ~700-850)

Import things that need to be the same to Blender and re-import them as Meshes

do raycast have accurate hitboxes on meshes? Cause i need that for the game, but im thinking of making a LOD system for the details on the tank, do invisible parts take less performance to render?

I’m not sure but I heard that they don’t have as much, but I don’t 100% know, you should ask someone else that

Raycasts can be accurate on meshes if you enable higher rendering fidelity but you should probably still use simple parts for hitboxes, which isn’t really costly for performance because you only need a few
(Have fun recreating War Thunder damage systems with shell sprawling and over pressure and penetration effectiveness!!)

I also highly recommend making your tank models in Blender, unions are very bad for performance

Also, an East German BMP and an American Abrams? Kinda strange but cool ig

My games tries to recreate the penetration system of war thunder that why I have such high detail models

Hey, try making a Render Distance script. It’s code that goes inside of a LocalScript and it loads items depending on how close the player is. This prevents lag tremendously. I recommend looking up Render Distancing for ROBLOX on YouTube. There are sadly very few videos about this kind of thing, but the few videos that are there can be super helpful.

a render distance script wont help, as the tank model i have is the problem, i would need a way to save performance while keeping most of the detail

I recently found a guy’s comment that might help, so I’m pasting it here.

If you’re experiencing FPS issues in your game despite having taken steps to optimize it, there are a few more things you can try:

1. Reduce the number of parts and polygons in your game. This can be done by removing unnecessary parts and simplifying complex meshes.
  2. Use textures instead of high-poly meshes wherever possible. This will reduce the number of polygons in your game and improve performance.
  3. Use LOD (Level of Detail) models to reduce the number of polygons in objects that are far away from the player. This will help improve performance by reducing the number of polygons that need to be rendered at any given time.
  4. Optimize your scripts by reducing the number of unnecessary loops and functions. You can also use coroutine.yield() to pause a script when it’s not needed, which will improve performance.
  5. Test your game on different devices to see if the FPS issue is specific to your computer or if it’s a problem with the game itself. You can also try lowering the graphics settings in your game to see if that improves performance.
  6. Consider using a third-party optimization tool such as Roactify or Streamline to further optimize your game.

I hope these suggestions help you improve the performance of your game. Good luck!

1 Like

could you provide links for Roactify or Streamline since i cant seem to find anything online

Um, I’ll try to. I haven’t seen any either.

1 Like

Update, i have tested around a bit more and i only seem to get the fps issue in the main game, if i move to a baseplate i have 50+ fps, so its either a proplem with my local script which handels the cam and UI of the tank or a combination of the Terrain,Trees/Bushes and the tank.
Edit: After some more testing i think that disabling the vehicle script mostly fixes the fps, if anybody wants to take a look and maybe find some issues, here you go: (reply)

1 Like

Cant seem to paste anything so i made it a .txt
script.txt (4.8 KB)

2 Likes