How would i go about increasing performance in my game?

Did you use any free models? If it isn’t the case, then try to remove welds if you used them. If that isn’t the case either, then I reccomend downloading ServerDefender: Server Defender | OFFICIAL PLUGIN - Roblox
If it says that it found viruses, remove it asap. Hope I helped atleast a little bit here

1 Like

i did use free models, but there arent any scripts or welds in them, but the tanks i use have a lot of welds since i cant anchor the model (i try to union as much as possible to reduce welds)

1 Like

I noticed your trees and bushes have lots of detail. In my experience, highly detailed models/textures cause performance issues, so I suggest implementing a LOD (level of detail) system.

An LOD system changes a model’s detail based on distance from the player/where the player is looking. This allows the game to render less things in the distance that the player wouldn’t see well anyway. GL!

3 Likes

That sounds like a good idea, do you have any resources, forum posts or tutorials for a LOD system?

1 Like

I do not, sadly. I did build an LOD system in Unity however, which loads and unloads variations of models based on distance. If you have a lot of the same objects, you can create variations and put them in ServerStorage and load/unload the variations when the player gets closer/farther from the objects. You would want to handle the system on the client, otherwise it will load objects for all players, causing issues. It will also take a decent amount of script optimization to make the system efficient, but overall it isn’t too difficult. I hope this helps!

2 Likes

Im not sure. It looks like none of the camera scripts would lag unless there are a lot of scripts running. press CTRL + SHIFT + F and type in getfenv or require. Could be a backdoor.

1 Like

while there are require’s they are all from my scripts, and there is only 1 getfenv but its from a testing script so nothing malicious

I’m not sure then. Could it just be your setup?

wdym by setup?

asdasdasdasd

like just your computer setup.

its not just me as the performance is bad for other players aswell
Edit: the game has bad performance in the normal roblox player aswell so its not just me

1 Like

I’m not sure then. It could just be the game having to render a lot.

I understand this issue. To this day I still have no idea about how to increase performance in games, as there are seemingly no useful tutorials on YouTube, the developer forum, nor any other platforms. It’s super discouraging, that I will admit. I’m not sure how to help you, but maybe this can help:

isnt this basically the same as StreamingEnabled, which has done nothing to improve performance

So after a long time testing around, i found the reason why the game performes so bad, its the tank models, now i dont want to remove to much detail so how would i go about saving a ton of fps while still having decent amount of detail on the models (the part count of these models is ~700-850)

Import things that need to be the same to Blender and re-import them as Meshes

do raycast have accurate hitboxes on meshes? Cause i need that for the game, but im thinking of making a LOD system for the details on the tank, do invisible parts take less performance to render?

I’m not sure but I heard that they don’t have as much, but I don’t 100% know, you should ask someone else that

Raycasts can be accurate on meshes if you enable higher rendering fidelity but you should probably still use simple parts for hitboxes, which isn’t really costly for performance because you only need a few
(Have fun recreating War Thunder damage systems with shell sprawling and over pressure and penetration effectiveness!!)

I also highly recommend making your tank models in Blender, unions are very bad for performance

Also, an East German BMP and an American Abrams? Kinda strange but cool ig

My games tries to recreate the penetration system of war thunder that why I have such high detail models