How would I go about replicating car crash physics like in GTA 5

then i don’t know how to find that, maybe add bounch around the cars ?

1 Like

Hey Could you please explain me what is F*M = A?

Hey I maybe found the solution maybe try make the car be raycast, i mean like car with suspension

exemple:

Because like gta uses Raycasting

Force * Mass = Acceleration. Oh, wait that is incorrect. It should be Force = Mass * Acceleration. F = M * A

1 Like

Ohh thanks for explaining, Like MPH?

1 Like

You are right that it uses raycast for the wheels but its not what im looking for ;/

1 Like

what u wan’t to make is tbh soo hard lol thats why no one ever made it

Because its for an idea for my next game and I need this in order for the game idea to work

Tbh there are too many variables effecting crash physics.

From the top of my head I can think of changing the following variables assuming its a constraint based vehicle.

• Center of mass

• total mass

• suspension stiffness

• Driving force

• Friction

• Contact geometry

Perhaps if you add an invisible ramp or wedge part on the sides of the car it will allow collisions to add an upward force which cause the car to flip over.

Hope this gives some ideas.

1 Like

Thank you so much for this response

What would be the easiest way to go about this?

I dont need the car crash physics to be realistic persay I just want it to be there where there is some resemblance of some sort of car crash physics like if you hit a car with your car the other persons car will flip over (like in the video)

Probably just use a capsule shaped collision box for the vehicle.

1 Like

Okay ill keep this in mind thx

for the flip just reduce mass.

and make a script that calculate where wheels touches using raycast

look for it on the web, there is a documentation of someone trying to do this for sure
then for the collisions like I did in Crashnation Devlog: Softbody Car Crash Game its softbody, pretty easy to understand, but difficult to make the code efficient lol
i made my own collision physics, using ApplyImpulse()

1 Like

Sounds good thank you for your reply :smiley:

1 Like

try to lower the Center of Gravity (CoG) of the cars, aswell as lowering their mass or increasing the mass of the truck

and to achieve active physics calculation you’ll have to make sure both models can interact through Network ownership set to clients when appropriate

1 Like

Thank you for this! Do you think doing car crash physics will cause lag? Or where the car crash physics will be delayed for the player?

parts interacting with one another doesnt cause lag, its how many parts are ready to interact with one another and are reacting to one another

so dont have all cars be network-owned by the same players at once or else that guy will have trouble

also its not 1999 anymore, FlatOut 1 came out in 2005, GTA IV came out in 2008, beam ng did its opening in 2013 where the first two had pre baked stuff, beam ng went fully dynamic

I dont see how your definition of car crash physics (Cars flipping over etc) would cause lag, physics engines are made for these things