How would I go about replicating car crash physics like in GTA 5

NOTE: I AM NOT LOOKING FOR MESH DEFORMATION READ PLS

Basically I am looking for car crash physics something that GTA 5 has and I am wondering how hard it would be and how long it would take to make something like this

Here is a video explaining what I mean skip to 3:44 and see how the truck hits the police car and the police car flips over

That is what im looking for

9 Likes

isn’t that kinda already in roblox studio ?
you will need a lot of scripting

3 Likes

I mean yeah obviously your gonna need alot of scripting

Also Im not aware if theres that car collision script or not usually the default car collision system is trash and theres not enough of a heavy impact to even call it a collision

1 Like

You will probably have to use mesh deformation.

2 Likes

Check this project out. Maybe you can talk to this person: Crashnation Devlog: Softbody Car Crash Game

3 Likes

Sorry I should of explained a bit better

I am not looking for a mesh deformation when you collide with an object I mean I want to make it where if you do collide with another car the car moves like how it would in a car crash so like car crash physics basically

Skip to 3:44 to see exactly what I mean notice how when the truck hit the police car that the police car flipped over, this is exactly what im looking for Im not looking for the mesh deformation just this aspect here

3 Likes

Hey maybe you need to play around with gravity? written by an newbie btw

I’m not sure… There is probably some sort of formula to calculate force, and then use a bodyvelocity or something to apply it.

2 Likes

Alright do you know how hard that would be to code? I havent seen anyone make car crash physics before so idk

2 Likes

Sorry, I have no idea. It might be something like F*M = A? Idk. Maybe check this out: Collision - Wikipedia

2 Likes

this might help you with your game you would need to use blender but very easy

1 Like

I am asking how to make car crash physics not mesh deformation

1 Like

then i don’t know how to find that, maybe add bounch around the cars ?

1 Like

Hey Could you please explain me what is F*M = A?

Hey I maybe found the solution maybe try make the car be raycast, i mean like car with suspension

exemple:

Because like gta uses Raycasting

Force * Mass = Acceleration. Oh, wait that is incorrect. It should be Force = Mass * Acceleration. F = M * A

1 Like

Ohh thanks for explaining, Like MPH?

1 Like

You are right that it uses raycast for the wheels but its not what im looking for ;/

1 Like

what u wan’t to make is tbh soo hard lol thats why no one ever made it