How Would I Make a Ending Game's Saving System

Hello, I’m Making A Game Called Dialog Quest, It’s one of those Games with Many endings. I’m looking to make A ending saving system. I’d really appreciate some help, Thank you all answers help.

1 Like

Could you elaborate? Do you want to save what ending the player got? If so, then you could create a folder inside the player called “Endings” and create a bool value in the folder for every possible ending.
Once the player gets an ending, you set the boolvalue of that ending to true and set all the other ones to false. This can easily be achieved with a for loop that loops through the ending boolvalues and checks the name of it.

I mean I want to make a datastore so the player can keep track of all the endings the player gets and try to get them all.

An easy way to save whether a player has reached a certain goal or not would be to use booleans in a table.
For example, the player’s data could include a table called endingsReached:

endingsReached = {
    ending1 = true,
    ending2 = false,
}

I’ve never used datastores at all before, So maybe help me with that.
(Sorry If I’m being rude)

I would highly suggest you take a look at Datastore2. Its a script someone made to manipulate data extremely easily. Here is the link: How to use DataStore2 - Data Store caching and data loss prevention
You will need basic coding knowledge to understand!
If you want a quick tutorial, check the example code in the link

Afterward, you can save a table of all the endings inside the datastore2 like so:

local endingTable = {ending1 = true, ending2 = true, ending3 = false, ending4 = true}
1 Like

Oh My Gosh, thank you @PowWow_TheGreat.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.