How would I make a hat in blender?

As a person who makes accessories, I have this sort of order when it comes to making them.

1. Think of how the finished product is going to look like
    (then think about minor details)
  2. Add the objects you will need to make the hat, scale them etc.
  3. Edit the objects. Add modifiers, subdivide, do whatever you need.
  4. Make a placeholder texture & edit the UV mapping.
  5. Remake the texture

And that’s it

3 Likes

Alright thanks! Also another question SORRY xd I forgot to put it inside BUT how would I transfer the Model into studio?

Well, there’s 2 ways for now. You can either use the mesh importer plugin (that’s built into roblox studio since a recent update), and the other one? I forgot :skull:

Dam lol, So the plugin is already built in so I just get the file and import it or???

Yes, just launch it, pick the file (.obj and .fbx are supported only, mind you) and you’re done

It looks like this New Unified, Smart Mesh Importer Beta

1 Like

Ok so I will Make a “TEST” Hat and launch studio and come back with results later Tysm for the advice this will help me with Blender because I’ve been trying to do this.

How would I group the 2/more "Models or “Objects” How would I group them so its just 1 piece?

Go to object mode and use Ctrl + J

Ok I will try it out. Thanks this will help a lot.

So I finally Got into studio and this idk what happend…

I

EDIT: Where would it be…?

Oh wait, I think I know the problem.
The mesh importer is still in beta for some reason, go to File>Beta Features and search for it

Ok tysm! I will try that Thanks I’ll update u soon

1 Like

Alright great! It worked! Now how would I publish it? (DON’T MIND THE NAME AND THE HAT IT WAS A QUICK THING LOL XD)

Publish it? You mean to the avatar catalog? Well, if you aren’t in the UGC program as I am, you’re out of luck. Even worse, you could have applied but you’re 1 day too late (applications closed yesterday)! I’m sorry.

You can, of course, upload it to the creator marketplace but people won’t be able to buy it from you or equip it.

Wait so I need to be in a program 2nd I can only wear it but no-once else 3rd whens the next apps?

But that doesnt answer my question how do I upload it to the creator market place?

you could have turned it off though, lol

Well, you just right click the model, save to Roblox, enter in a bunch of details and that’s it.

But isnt that just a Model that u use in studio? I want to wear it ;-;