How would I make a move combination type of system? Rather, how would I go about doing so?

What I mean is, e.g

A skill is a punch, another skill is a kick. These aren’t in the same skill, but there could be a gui that combines these skills and allows it to make a longer string of attacks or skills.

1 Like

Hmm, a GUI would be a bad choice, moving the mouse is painful and not fast, I think what you’re looking for is a fast paced fighting game. All of the stuff you need for that is some table knowledge, and some hitbox knowledge, and some general if statement knowledge!

You could do this thing called input buffer Issue with input buffer (in fighting games)

Is it truly that simple? I can’t really wrap my head around it when I think about how I want the system to work out.

I think I have an example, this is what I have been basing it off.

(I found the time so you don’t)
Something like that not like Street Fighters.

Would you consider this article for a place to learn?

Not sure what you mean by that, but yes I do believe an article is a place to learn

Sorry, didn’t really explain it. I meant would the person’s script that you showed be a good place to understand Input Buffering or rather should I look to another post to learn from?

1 Like

Sorry for not responding, but the original poster actually posted some of the code for their own input buffer. Plus a unity article is also linked so you can try to translate it into Lua