How would I make a plugin like this?

Quick disclaimer. I’m not asking for a whole script, rather just how I would go about it. But yes, scripts are still helpful. If you do decide to send scripts, please explain how they work so I can learn

So basically I keep doing stuff with meshes and I thought a plugin might help with what I’m doing.
So this is what I need to do:

Make a plugin that makes two buttons on the plugin bar.

I want to then tell if one of the buttons is pressed if they(The person who is using the plugin) have a BasePart Is selected.

Also if they do have a BasePart selected, how do I see the properties of the BasePart, and how do I insert Objects into the BasePart, such as a decal lets say.

Ok cool thanks!

1 Like

If you need to make a gui for your plugin then you could just make frame and as you listed, two buttons on it.
There is this simple source that i have found for you: How to make plugin.

After you are done, make normal functions of gui buttons using script. If you click on first button then it should detect if something is selected?

In that case, you can use Selection service that provides you the control of objects that are being selected in the studio. Here’s another source: Selection Documentation.

So, we have the service but it detects whatever is being selected but not the BasePart as it suppose to detect only. To check if selected object is actually a BasePart, use : FindFirstChildOfClass("needed_classname") and you can set it in variable so you can do whatever you want to your BasePart.

1 Like

Just a question. Im following the tutorial right? Is it normal that plugin does not have any values.
For instance a part has Part.Parent

Its normal for your plugin to not have any values but they are needed for your comfortable coding.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.