How would I make a script that ranks a player in a group if they own a gamepass?

Hi!
I’m not very good with this kind of stuff, but it was requested of me.
It’s for a rank center type game. Thanks for any help!

You would do something similar to this post.

That involves other stuff, I just want the one script. Not a whole JS file, a web host, and the stuff nobody wants or needs

First of all to create the overhead UI and program it onto the player’s head you can check out this post where I’ve talked about it a bit: Help Scripting an Overhead GUI - #4 by programmedcookie

To check if they own a gamepass you are to use MarketplaceService:UserOwnsGamepassAsync(player.UserId, gamepassID) (MarketplaceService | Roblox Creator Documentation)

Now if we look at this function it will return true if the user does own the gamepass. So if you add a quick if statement checking whether they own the gamepass and then clone the UI and parent it to the player’s head with all the extra information that should work

Um, When did I mention overheads? I want to know how to rank a player.

Sorry, that is not possible. Roblox has no built-in APIs to change a players rank in a group. There have been requests to add it, but the only way to do it is with a third party bot.

My apologies, I might’ve misread your question; however, I did state how to check if a user does own a gamepass above

To check if they own a gamepass you are to use MarketplaceService:UserOwnsGamepassAsync(player.UserId, gamepassID) (MarketplaceService:UserOwnsGamePassAsync)

Now if we look at this function it will return true if the user does own the gamepass. So if you add a quick if statement checking whether they own the gamepass and then clone the UI and parent it to the player’s head with all the extra information that should work

1 Like

You need to do the cookie and .js file stuff its the only way to auto rank ROBLOX doesn’t have a built-in API for ranking

1 Like