How would I make a script that scans the users pc to check if they have a exploit open

Yes tryna make some anti cheat lol.
Tried to do it but didn’t work just broke my game.
Searched on devwiki no results or help
Like is this even possible?
A script that sees if u have a exploit opened??
And what else should I add to my anti cheat? I already have
Noclip
Fly
Fe god
Walkspeed
Jumppower
Btools
Infinite jump
And some other stuff

It is currently impossible to scan a users PC as that will be a huge privacy issue.

4 Likes

Wat about a script that detects dll exploit being injected

This is also impossible, since all the developers can access is their game. They cannot access an exploiter’s computer, even if a dll was injected. The only way to detect for a player exploiting is to detect change on the server. NEVER TRUST THE CLIENT EITHER.

2 Likes

Previously, Roblox had a loadfile function that you could use to load in all the files of the system, however they removed this due to obvious reasons. If users are using exploits are not, is up to Roblox to detect, however, there is something you can do!

For example, do simple checks on the client - even if some exploiters delete these scripts, they have to find them first. Put them in localscripts that could break the game entirely for the users - the greater the hassle, the greater the work.

Secondly, and most importantly, have checks on the server. Never trust the client, ever. You must always think that requests from the clients have been manipulated. The only way to stay secure, is to be prepared. Even the simplest of simple things help: If someone is “speedhacking”, it will become an annoyance and frustration for other players if it gives them less advantages due to this. They will probably leave, and not join back because your game is so exploitable.

A simple rule to follow is that the client should never command the server to do something, like it has some kind of authority, because it doesn’t. The clients should kindly ask the server to do this. Forming your server side and client side like this, will help you in the long run.

However,
what I said above is to stop so-called “script kiddies” - that use other people’s software or programs to exploit your game. These are the “easiest” ones to lock out and prevent. Very often they will not have the knowledge to actually do anything else but what the program has to offer.

All I can say that, is
no matter what you do, how advanced your system is, someone will find a loophole (eventually). No system is 100% bulletproof or “hackerproof”. But it’s your job to eliminate the threats to your game that it is possible for you to do something about.

5 Likes

This question has probably been asked hundreds of different times using different wording. The simple answer is that you can’t and you shouldn’t. Not only would the ability to search a user’s PC be an invasion of privacy and a huge security risk, but client-side prevention can be bypassed.

Secure your server first, then worry about this extra layer of security. You’re wasting time trying to figure out how to stop exploiting the wrong way (or rather by a secondary way, while passing up the opportunity to patch primary vectors for it).

Here’s something that might help you on your journey. It doesn’t explicitly answer your concerns necessarily but it touches on topics regarding exploiting. You may find this of value.

5 Likes

It’s currently impossible for developers to detect injections of exploits and most likely will remain impossible as Roblox will not allow a developer to check ones computer, even so most popular exploits have anti detection methods for attaching or injecting. Your better off trying to just secure remotes and having checks for things. Although exploit GUIs can’t be checked due to most using ROBLOX Core UI which is currently unable to be read by user scripts.

2 Likes