How would I make an dismembermed limb collide?

Keeping it simple and clear. How would I make an limb that has fallen off not fall into the void? I’m gonna be using BreakJoints for dismemberment as my blood system but when I dismember an limb from the player in the DevConsole it falls right into the void.

Combat Warriors prevented this.

How would I also prevent this?

Make sure that its can collide is true

The humanoid prevents this as if any limb has collisions back on it will instantly turn it back off.

#30charrrrrs

Send screenshots of the script your using, and potentially a clip of the issue.

I will send a video since I won’t leak my hard work code.

robloxapp-20221012-2028482.wmv (997.6 KB)

Also i’m not making the dismemberment system yet. I just gave an example.

From this I would recommend looking into a way to detect when the joints are broken, and setting cancollide to true, the joints are broken so the lim wont affect the character with cancollide, it will just be able to collide with the ground and other objects around it.

Edit: If your still worried about it affecting the character use collision groups to create a “Character” and “BrokenLimbs” group, and make them unable to collide with each other but able to collide with “Default”

Insert a mesh part containing the limb’s mesh file. (For R6, usually rbxassetid://avatar/meshes/leftarm.mesh) Then make it transparent and cover the original limb so it has the same collisions. Then, as @Va13Official said, use collision groups as needed.

1 Like

I will try your same collision group method except new collision groups and stuff and I will see how it goes.

1 Like

Quick question. Would the code setting the collision group ID for all limbs be the same for this as well or not? If so than how would I apply multiple collision group ID’s to the limbs?

I dont quite understand what you mean, but read over this article, especially with the new updates to collision groups api this should be able to help. Collision Filtering | Roblox Creator Documentation

I created an collision group same as blood particles but with different names but it still falls into the void.

Capture

Capture

Still falls into the void.

#30charrs

I have solved this myself I assume Combat Warriors did this to achieve the effect.

You don’t have to rely on hacky stepped methods of turning on collisions for the limb or collision groups anymore!

If anyone is having the same problem as me:

Enable the feature in workspace and if you call BreakJoints on a limb it will collide with everything perfectly!

1 Like

I had the same problem before, solved it way easier by just adding an additional part that is welded to the limb. Very easy to do and takes like 5 lines of code.

True but it’s way easy to just enable the feature I provided.

Atleast ragdoll limbs won’t show out of walls am I right? (terrible joke I made)