How would I make ragdoll/walking physics like Ragdoll Universe?

1. What do you want to achieve? I am trying to make the ragdoll-walk physics that Ragdoll Universe has. (Where your arms flop everywhere and such)

2. What is the issue? Nothing I try looks good/works well

3. What solutions have you tried so far? Everything

Link to a video of the game: Ragdoll Universe episode 1 - YouTube

4 Likes

Don’t know, Probably ball constraints and events?

1 Like

I hope this provides a solution for your query! I open sourced my working ragdoll concept.

To make ragdoll walking, you will have to edit local script in my open source module and remove code of changing humanoid state.

1 Like

Essentially what the Devs did for Ragdoll Universe was make your actual player character invisible. The “character” and ragdoll model you see is just that, a model. Make your actual player character invisible and keep the normal physics. Add a dummy model to your torso with the desired ragdoll effects (ball joints, wobbly stuff and such), script the model’s head to follow your cursor, and there you go :smiley:

You’re really just using your normal player character to ground and move the ragdoll model that’s flopping around. Plus, it’ll be much easier doing this, compared to trying to get a wild and wobbly ragdoll to walk somewhat normal. Hope this helps!

10 Likes