How would I make this model always face in a certain direction no matter where it's rotated?

Bear with me here, I absolutely despise CFrames. I know this is probably pretty basic stuff but let’s just say I’ve tried to avoid putting myself through this, so my understanding of it is limited.

Basically what I’m trying to do is place this gun in the NPC’s hand so that it will always face the guy in the black suit no matter where they are rotated.

Here is what it should look like at all times:

Here is what it looks like when I rotate them both 90 degrees (incorrect):

Here is the code that I used:

-- In the actual script, I got the position of it more complicated than just weapon.PrimaryPart.Position but there are no issues there so ignore that
-- weaponInfo.Rot is basically the LookVector that it's supposed to have, this is what doesn't work when I rotate the model
-- weaponInfo.Rot is set to Vector3.new(0, 0, -1)

weapon:SetPrimaryPartCFrame(CFrame.new(weapon.PrimaryPart.Position, weapon.PrimaryPart.Position + weaponInfo.Rot))

How can I set this so that weaponInfo.Rot is always the direction of the character on the right?

Like I said, my knowledge of CFrame is limited at best. If anyone could help me out here I’d greatly appreciate it.

There is always a solution to any problem, but the way you’re doing it seems to be very finicky. What are you doing this for? Is the pistol a tool?

No, it’s an animation that plays in different areas around the map, meaning different orientations. The gun gets rigged to the NPC by a script because there are multiple weapons with their own animations and orientations. Any way possible would be great. It doesn’t have to be like this as long as it works lol. I just want to get it over with

I guess you could do something like

weapon.PrimaryPart.Orientation = Blacksuit.PrimaryPart.Orientation

If it still doesnt face it then you could add another number

Blacksuit.PrimaryPart.Orientation + Vector3.new(0,90,0)

Not sure if this is what you’re looking for

I found a pretty hacky solution but I’ll keep this in mind if I want to make it a little bit cleaner. Thanks for the reply!

Since this is animation, using Motor6ds will be a very efficient and great solution. Here is more info.

The motors are put on by script. I have all that down, the problem is that I can’t do it manually because there are many character models and many different weapons with different positions and animations that need to be assigned accordingly based on what the situation in the game is and where the NPC is around the map. The animation part itself is no problem.