How would I rig this Model?

Sorry if it’s a dumb question, but I’m having a hard time with it because it’s strange and unlike other rigs. It only has a Head, a HumanoidRootPart, and a Right Leg and Left Leg.

Try this plugin

Sorry, I meant how would I rig it with the rig editor I have.

Just rig legs and head to torso and torso to humanoidrootpart

Actually, the reason it’s not working is because it has no torso. Unless it’s a head with legs, rigs won’t work as intended if you attach parts directly to the humanoidrootpart.

How about you add legs (maybe arms) and make them invisible?

Yeah, its basically a head with legs. Would you know how to get it to work? Do I just do what you said and attack parts directly to the humanoid root part? I remember rigging the head to the humanoid root part, then the humanoid root part to the right leg and left leg

Attach the head to HumanoidRootPart (not the other way around!) and then attach the legs to the head. Then, add a Humanoid to the model, turn off AutomaticScalingEnabled (in Humanoid properties!). Now, unanchor everything and run a test of the game. You want to mess with the hipheight in the Humanoid properties, until your model’s feet are properly touching the ground. Now exit run mode, and copy the correct highheight to the real Humanoid. Then you are done with the rig at that point. Might not even need custom animations, depending on if the legs are oriented properly or not.

Huh, weird. For some reason it goes sideways when i walk forward, do you know how to fix this?

Alright, I properly oriented everything so it goes forward now, but it still doesn’t play animations. Any ideas on why?

It has no torso, try adding one then you’ll be fine I believe

Sorry, but uh, I can’t really do that since it’s supposed to be a head on legs.

Hey, if you still need help, you can look at this here. This post helped me a lot. Keep developing my dude!

1 Like

Oh, thanks! I’ll take a look at it!