How would I save a certain part of the game?

Hello, I want to make a game cald Teaching NPC’s How to Obby. In this game, The player will Teach NPC’s How to complete different obstacles, the player will need to complete the obby 3 times for the NPC to start understanding and complete the obby, that will make the player acquire Brick coins. Brick Coins can be used to upgrade the NPC’s Obby Completion speed and also by Obby Tutors to help NPC’s increase their understanding ( XP type level for the NPC and when full ) and then not only upgrade their Obby Completion speed but also, earn more Brick coins from NPC’s completing the obby ( May be Changed/Optimized In The Future. ). How would I make it so something like that would save for the player?

For a TL;DR, How would I save Player progress when generating parts like in games like clone tycoon 2?

1 Like

you use a very cool service called DataStoreService, it can store billions of progress files, you should read this article i quickly googled Data Stores | Roblox Creator Documentation

1 Like

Each time the player reaches a new “stage” or “progress point” in the game, save a number in a datastore. When the player joins back, start them off based on that number. Like a “level” system.

2 Likes

That’s a good idea but I suggest for the player to not join back in the same stage.
Because if you want to clear your adventure before, create a spawn lobby where there’s a portal to continue your actual adventure.

2 Likes

Question, Is it ok if I use Profile Service for my DataStores? The Roblox Data Stores are a tad-bit crappy, as none of my data saves all of the time.

Look at the post above this, as It explains why I haven’t used that.

Yeah, it still saves data, so use whatever you’d like.

1 Like

So, are you trying to say that I should make it so the player choses what stage they go to at the Start?

i don’t know what you are talking about though, data store is the only service that can save things off-game and in-game, if you are probably talking about saving the amounts and the position of the parts that have been generated to be later used, i think you can use collection♠` service or something

it basically tags parts like it’s very useful for managing kill bricks without having to put an individual script inside them, teleportation blocks, one way moving blocks, etc.

in order to use collection service for it, you basically tag it with something like userNF.."Part" then when the player is leaving or the game is binded to close, you basically store it in a table and its positions (i don’t know how so you can ask someone else) then when the user comes back, you get the async then i guess back to playing

1 Like

Yes why not, or create a portal that brings the player to the current level.

1 Like

ProfileService is a module that uses DataStoreService that saves data to certain players.

1 Like

yeah, i googled it since i never heard of profileService but i’m still technically correct that the datastore service is the only service that can save and profile service is basically a more enhanced and working edition (doesn’t make it a different service though)

MemoryStoreService
MarketplaceService
BadgeService

All save their own data outside of normal servers aswell.

1 Like

oh, i never heard of memory store service before, isn’t market place services only for roblox currency transactions? same goes for badge services which are saved when a player completes a goal and the developers connect reaching that goal into receiving a specific badge

also, a note that i’m only talking about data store which in my knowledge can save progresses and things, never heard of memory store but i googled it and it’s useful for global leaderboards, other stuff, thanks for letting me know though

1 Like

It can be used to check whether users have a gamepass and prompt them to purchase it.

Saving an achievment so yes

It is quite a recent one and it is very useful.

Also HttpService could be used as a datastore since you could save data to external servers.