How Would I Script A GUI That Gives A Player A Hat?

How Would I Script A GUI That Gives A Player A Hat:

1. I want to know how I can give a player a hat from the click of a textbutton, Any help would be great and I am not asking for a full script

2. I have tried looking online and the developer forum and found nothing, this is really important because this is for an in-game catalog.

3.) Question:

Does it matter if I use the client or server to change this?

sorry there is not that much detail written on this, but if you can, teach me about changing a players skin/body color too thanks.

Please (DO NOT GIVE ME A FULL SCRIPT!) I wish to learn it not to copy something.

5 Likes

Have you first searched what you require to complete this before posting a question? A lot of what you need to accomplish this can be found with some quick searches based on your needs at the time, such as how to create a TextButton click function. Spend a little more time searching.

As for the client-server mention, yes it is important. The client should be capturing the input and sending a request to the server via RemoteEvent that it wants to equip a hat. The server then holds the responsibility of performing checks where necessary, processing the request and handing over the hat if the request is deemed valid.

2 Likes

yes, I know how a MouseButton1Click event works, I do not know how to give a player a hat

I have a tutorial for a tool button if that helps?

2 Likes

wait so would you basically just clone a hat and put in the correct positions when adding it to the character?

1 Like

So, the thing is my text button connects to the handle of a tool/gear. Hats are different from gears, so let me look into hats. You could try your way first though.

3 Likes