How would i stop explotiers from, infinite jumping

I have a script that teleports players back if they jump too high or run too fast, however, players have been jumping at the height that does not get detected and kinda double jumping their way higher? how can I prevent this?

2 Likes

You could always detect how far away they are from the group, typically someone wont be falling for more then 4-5 seconds, if they are in the air for a long period of time then you can assume that they’re flying or infinite jumping, I would recommend teleporting them to the ground if there is any.

4 Likes

Perhaps one way you could go about this is by checking the characters humanoid and making sure the FloorMaterial isn’t NIL for [x] amount of time. This is will check if the player is standing (nil means the player is in the air).

However, if you can figure out a better solution, I would recommend you use that instead of this. Hope this was of some help, good luck!

-Duke

3 Likes

Hello there. A script that is at StarterCharacterScripts that checks if the Humanoid.Jump value has changed. If it is changed, the player gets kicked. If the server wants to change the Jump Power of the Humanoid, it would temporarily disable the kick script(This also applies to speed if you want the person to stop speed hacking!).

This is an extremely poor method of handling stuff like this, as the client can simply disable the script and continue exploiting.

This is a reply I made to a post, has useful links to the exact things you are asking about.

1 Like

the client disable the script? That is not a local script. The script is executed in the server. Tell me how can the client disable such?

I believe you mean JumpPower, now the client can just change JumpPower to 100 as it doesn’t replicate to the server. So your serverscript won’t do a single thing to prevent this, and a client script just gets disabled.

2 Likes