How would I turn off the reset character button now?

This script worked fine before. Now, it doesn’t work at all! The output says, “SetCore: ResetButtonCallback has not been registered by the CoreScripts.”

Does anyone know an alternative?

3 Likes

From what I’ve heard before, these aren’t always guarenteed to be registered immediately and should be called while wrapped in a pcall to avoid errors, then retrying until it’s successfully set. But make sure to have a timeout as the feature may be removed indefinitely in the future (which could cause an infinite loop if not handled correctly).

Refer to this post for suggestions on how to resolve this issue, if it’s still not working then let me know.

20 Likes

I believe this script should be in StarterCharacterScripts or should only unset the callback when the character is loaded. That would make sense imo since the reset button effects your character’s Humanoid. It could be that a change was made in the core scripts which causes the script to wait for the character’s Humanoid before ResetButtonCallback is registered.

2 Likes

What I’ve done is place it in a LocalScript in ReplicatedFirst, and make it wait for the PlayerGui to load.
My assumption is that at this time, The PlayerGui’s loaded in, but not the actual GUIs, so when you do this right after, you can edit the StarterGui to disable reset in time.

local playerGui = game:GetService("Players").LocalPlayer:WaitForChild("PlayerGui")
game:GetService("StarterGui"):SetCore("ResetButtonCallback", false)
11 Likes