How would I use HTTPService or something else to store data throughout multiple universes?

So I’m trying to store data as tables or variables in a site using HTTPService, which allows it to be omniuniversal. I understand the very simple basics, but nothing else. How would I be able to host a site, and using which hoster. How would I be able to implement this on a grand scale, and how would I be able to code the site and the game?

Please, I really need help. This is my dream project for ROBLOX. If anyone has knowledge on HTTPService or anything else, feel free to volunteer in my supposed boundless journey to achieve omniuniversalistic data storagement.

1 Like

What’s your end product?
What will you be making in the end?

1 Like

A multi-universal web of games. Like for example a city game, and another city game but they’re in seperate groups and seperate game universes. But, they have the same data. Say you buy a car in one city game, and when you go to the other you still have your car, and your finance, and everything else.

1 Like

I’ve seen this been done before, just don’t know how to replicated. In the LT2 bees event, after completing the quest you would go to another game and they would say you did it or not. Then back in LT2, you would receive the prize.

1 Like

Erm, well.
You could use google sheets as a db to store it. Using Google Spreadsheets as a Database
But like, otherwise you’d have to create and host a webserver etc.

1 Like

HttpService is just for making requests to websites, just like your browser would, difference is just calls from HttpService are generally just data. You have to run your own website to store and receive requests, and if you’re not experienced with it, I would be careful getting right into it for a game. It needs to be reliable and able to handle many requests if your game suddenly grows.

I would recommend learning NodeJS, then express
https://expressjs.com/en/starter/installing.html

This is a way to write your own websites to handle traffic.

Just keep in mind, hosting isn’t free. Any free one isn’t guaranteed to be reliable.

1 Like

Google Sheets isn’t the greatest way, but it’s proberbly the easiest for beginners.
I’d suggest hosting your own webserver and sending + receiving requests from it.

All the pictures in the forum you linked cannot be loaded. Is there any fix for ths?

Right click on the image and click Open In New Tab.
I had that issue too.

Is there any way to store information based on every person’s id? And is there a way to create new columns? I would expect the games to be in the hundreds, or at least the tens at one time. Given this, alot of new columns would be created every hour or so.

Yeah.
The “key” would be the users ID.
The data would ofc be your data.

I was met with this error after following all ten steps.

Basically.
It accually still worked.
It just comes up with the error. :woman_shrugging:
Tbh, just check if the data accually set or not.

It was not set. Here is my script.

databaseService = require(script.DatabaseService)

local globalDatabase = databaseService:GetDatabase("Global")

globalDatabase:PostAsync("key", "RbxDev")

print(globalDatabase:GetAsync("key"))

What’s the name of the sheet you are setting it to?

“Global”