HttpError:ConnectFail

Since yesterday, I have had constant HTTP related issues with studio. Constant login authentication failures due to HTTP requests timing out, assets failing to load left and right, complete inability to load a place, and more. Almost all failed requests output error “HttpError:ConnectFail” or just “Request failed”

I cannot work at all.

I have tried the following steps to alleviate this issue:

• Updated antivirus software
  • Disabled antivirus software
  • Disabled Windows firewall
  • Forwarded UDP port range 49152 - 65535 on my router
  • Reinstalled studio (w/ deleting all AppData)
  • Tried alternate Roblox account
  • Tried alternate computer
  • Alternate internet connection (mobile hotspot)
  • Using a VPN
  • TCP/IP reset on windows machine (flush dns, etc)

This issue is intermittent in the sense that not all requests fail, just about 90% of them. For this reason, I believe the issue to be on Roblox’ end and not the fault of my ISP.

I cannot find any other users experiencing these issues at this time.

Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.18362 64 bit

Any help would be appreciated.

edit:
I’ve moved this to Website Bugs as I’ve started obtaining the same issue joining games from the website now, too.

14 Likes

This has escalated over the past day and now I legit cant even edit my games about 90% of the time because “Authentication Failed”…

1 Like

I am also still struggling. I’ve been trying to figure out what it could be with my connection up to top level ISP and cannot find anything.

I’m going to DM you about some more stuff and see if we can make any connections.

1 Like

So after discussing with @OutlookG, we have determined that we are using the same ISP in the same part of our country - pointing this issue at our top level ISP and not Roblox.

If any network engineers are reading this and could help me form some questions for our ISP, that would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise, this can be closed as it doesn’t appear to be on Roblox’ end.

4 Likes

I’ve also had issues with getting disconnected from edit session repeatedly as of yesterday. Where are you guys located?

Western Canada (BC, AB, SK, MB)
Also depends on what Internet you are using.

1 Like

Ah. Central UK here, but our ISP has had a lot of downtime lately so it could be related to that.

1 Like

Hi Fm_Trick, I had the same problem. The majority of times I joined games it kicked me with a bunch of HTTP errors (610 mainly), even in Studio my character didn’t load completely nor assets were loading too.
The solution I found was asking my ISP to move my IP out of the CGNAT protocol, which it’s a sort of “protected internet interface”, it also blocks (not in a literal way) some services -in our case, Roblox -.
Gamers, in fact, shouldn’t be IP-linked to a CGNAT because it’ll block some connections to games.
If this is your problem, let me know. Thanks!

I’ve suddenly noticed Roblox connect a lot slower recently, I’m from the southern parts of the UK.

This includes constantly getting 502s when trying to download various assets, as well as not being able to log in to Studio.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.