HttpService: HTTP 403 (Forbidden) Error

Let’s give an example: imagine there’s a live event, and i need to announce something saying that the event will be delayed due to some problems, how do i send that announcement to every server active, without update/shutdown the game? i don’t want the announcement to be published only in the server i am.

Why are you using Pastebin? There are alot better solutions.

I suggest MessagingService, that way you can notify all servers of the announcement in real time. If you want the announcement to stick around even in new servers you can just save it to a DataStore.

While it is possible to do this, it isn’t worth it. It will be tedious, as well as unnecessary. Plus you need to use polling to get new announcements, which is a bad way to go when event based programming is staring you in the face.

I’m using Pastebin because i can do other things with it, not only make an announcement, my goal is to make things IN REAL TIME (such as an update, announcement, change the time of a live event timer,etc…) without shutdown or update the game.

Did you set the paste expiration?

I suggest MessagingService , that way you can notify all servers of the announcement in real time.

I am aware of that. That is exactly what MessagingService exists for.

Okay, there is a lot of more secure ways that you can use as I have stated and others,

• Messaging Service
  • Firebase

or just creating a table, before-hand of messages. lol.
Also utilizing os.date()

Is that possible? i’m honestly not sure if i did (cuz i don’t know how)

Well, you would need to request the pastebin like every x seconds. The request data won’t auto-update.

yeah i’ll keep that in mind, but as i said, i want to make other things with the http service, not just an announcement.

What exactly is it you want to do when you say “other things”?

HttpService has it’s limits. You would need to keep and eye on it so you don’t exceed the limits.

1 Like

We are having hard times understanding what you mean. Please explain what you want the script to do, in general so we are aware and we can help you, currently you are not telling us anything but a header, and using pastebin which is not really reliable.

Other options that have been provided, thus being.

• Firebase
  • Messaging Service (main purpose, literally is the reason of it)

Firebase documentation,
here

Messaging service,
here

2 Likes

Looks like that’s not the problem, i’ve created a new paste and i’m still getting the same error

change the live event timer in real time withouth update or shutdown the game.

Why are you putting variables inside a while wait() do, put the variables ABOVE.

1 Like

First of all, please do not use a while wait() loop to make get requests, you will crush the http request limit within seconds.

Also give me a second, i will give you an example of how this should be done.

2 Likes

So the Data from the URL can be updated without disable the script.

Alright, thank you so much!!!.

Ohhh, let me see. What is the limit?