HumanoidDescription vs Shirt or Pants

You see a shirt Id on Roblox, it’s interesting so you decide to grab his id and paste it via studio on a Shirt instance (ShirtId property). Surprise! its property changes and gives you a new identifier.

You see a shirt Id on Roblox, it’s interesting so you decide to grab his id and paste it via studio on a HumanoidDescription (Shirt property). Surprise! its property doesn’t change and doesn’t give you a new identifier.

I’m currently making a Character Creator on Roblox, and I’m having to preview the shirts and the pants that the user is picking obviously on the client. I’m, then, having to use the transformed identifier of a shirt in order to display a shirt by example, but the thing is that I’d like that the player loads with the selected shirt on a HumanoidDescription, but the identifier isn’t working the same way : Shirts ShirtId uses a transformed id and HumanoidDescription Shirt uses the id from the Roblox catalog and it gets seriously annoying to drag two differents identifiers everytime, when you may have like 100 shirts in your game or even more!

So, is there maybe, a way to convert a Roblox shirt catalog Id with some sorcery or vice versa.

2 Likes