Hyper Realistic SCP Foundation?

I’ve started an SCP group based on SCP: CBs Site 19. I’ve got a lot of well planned features, however, a really weird idea came to me, and it sounds both really cool but really bad. It’s more of a list of ideas but they all play into a basic idea of hyper realism.

• No External Communications ( Discord server for development ONLY, no department servers )
  • Everything relating to the group takes place in game, such as announcements, trainings, and even reading documents like department guidelines.
  • A document upload system, which would allow players to upload a document to administration once every hour, such as an SCP report or incident report, which administration would accept/reject. Any accepted documents stay in the database, while rejected ones are deleted to save space. This would allow directors to upload guidelines for their departments, permanent notices, etc. Administration would also be able to grant the document a specific clearance which would deny access to anyone with the incorrect clearance, which isn’t possible with Google Docs.
  • An email system ( terminal system already implemented ), which would allow players to email other staff members. Players would also be able to “attach” documents to these document, or even send emails to specific groups such as #Security or #Administration like new notices.
  • More events than just “breach event” or “riot event” which get boring quickly. Maybe things like mini games in the faculty auditorium, etc

Pros:

• People would check back into the game regularly to see of there are any new notices, events, etc.
  • Documents can be restricted to people without the correct clearances, which isn’t currently possible in every SCPF.
  • Hardcore SCPF players would most likely love.
  • Makes it a unique catch which would interest more players.

Cons:

• Doesn’t cater to new players as well ( This can be fixed by the document system, however it can leave younger audiences in the dark ).
  • Takes more effort to make.
  • Players may miss important information if they do not check their emails. ( Can be fixed by notifying players that they have an email, whenever they join or receive one ).

If you have any other feedback, questions about internal mechanics, ideas, or pros/cons, please let me know I’m open to feedback!

Edit: The no external communications part really isn’t required, but it would enhance the effect. If communication becomes an issue, such as for notices, or events this idea can be scrapped, while keeping the others working.

9 Likes

Sadly, it’s not possible for maintaining players and monetization.
You’re expecting a game where people will stay inside for hours, communicating, gathering, training, fighting, role playing…
Nobody’s going to do that in another SCP foundation.
The thing that Ark survival and rust did to get their players to play hours everyday is causing players to lose items and advantages if didn’t play enough. But they are massive and insanely addictive games, unlike a generic monster facility. Plus most robloxians don’t like having a “part time job” on Roblox.

3 Likes

I am personally, as you put it, am a

myself. I’d love to help with this.

If you did make this, I would pay it to bits. Problem is, you need to know other people out there who would also play it to bits. Consistently. For a hyper realistic game, it almost entirely relies on re-playability factors. If one thing gets boring, that likely means something linked to that gets boring, and so on, suddenly no players.
Playtest it with beta testers! If they find it boring, change it so it’s not, keep your players engaged as much as possible.

Scrap the no external comms. I would include discord as your ‘database’. Keeping a bunch of info in game, always available, is very difficult. I’d say make a discord server, let’s say add a channel called ‘documents’, then create a bot that would take document requests and place them in that channel. An admin that doesn’t like it, can delete it. Anyone wanting to find it, just open discord and search the document title in the channel.
Take a read of this: Using the Discord REST API through Roblox
and this Discord Integration: A guide on using Discord through Roblox [UPDATED]

I recommend encasing the whole email thing in a discord server too, maybe ingame texts, but not emails that would be a massive headache to make.

Also, I would recommend limiting documents to one a day, and some sort of email limit. With a document every hour, someone could bot the game and effectively create some sort of DDOS except with document requests and emails, especially if this is all contained in one game.

And, maybe something like a requirement to be in the discord for people to play this. As I mentioned, it all relies on re-playability, so once you have that, and you have the right people who like it, I doubt you want any other player joining. Making a discord and advertising it means you get people who you know will actually want to play.

[

To be fair, this is subjective. I know I would, therefore no doubt other people would. Even if just a small amount, it’s not nobody.

Again, would love to help this if possible. I hope what I said is helpful and easy to understand. Good luck! :+1:

1 Like

I love the idea but sadly it is too ambitious.

1 Like