HYPER Realistic Weather for ROBLOX | Rain, Snow, Storms, and More!

Scientists hate him! Learn how this scripter improved weather with one simple trick!

3 Likes

lol this is the best name :joy: Every article I see on the internet

“Scientists Hate Him! Discover the One Simple Trick This Scripter Used to Revolutionize Weather in ROBLOX!”

2 Likes

Aren’t we all AI-generated at this point?

3 Likes

Russia R15

@lordhollowick @IdontPlayz343 @TheFastest10001 @HugeCoolboy2007 @Polygonizised @omgbadusernameLOL

Join the war soldier! We need you!

The test place for the weather is under attack. The enemy lay siege. Get back in the fight commander!

3 Likes

once again, roblox is not hiding your weather plugin from developers

its basically just a changeable particle emitter with sounds and a couple tweens

2 Likes

The rain is not very realistic and definitely not hyper realistic. To illustrate this here is a model I made that is more realistic. Rain - Creator Store (roblox.com)
The rain particles of this model are actually hyper realistic and it includes ground splatters does yours meet that level of quality?
It’s also a deployable model you can try out by placing inside your character.

I use the weather system I made with this algorithm to do the smooth weather transition Day Night Weather Cycle - Lighting & Terrain Shader Algorithm + Artificial Sun - Clean Efficient [Open-Source] - #7 by Magus_ArtStudios
These are the weather states and they are realistic.
I just don’t think this system here is as impressive as the title .
But it’s better than nothing, definitely not something that makes me want to publish my own actually hyper realistic weather system.
this is your rain
It’s just a line. Not hyper realistic.
Feel free to upgrade your rain particles with the one provided in my model if you want realistic rain

-Realistic rain droplets with splash

Firestorm

Dust storm with 3-d tumbleweeds

Blizzard

Sleet

Greedy Obby but You Walk On Walls - Roblox

4 Likes

Why dont you publish it as a independent weather system like how mine is? The key benefit of my system is that its very accessible for developers. Yours requires a bit of technical knowledge and can be confusing (Is the code you provided a working weather system? Why did you say you removed some functionality [original post] )

Also all you did was add a splash particle. The rain doesnt actually have a splash when it makes contact with the ground:

Also when I put my camera super far it isnt raining anymore

Your system uses humanoidrootpart instead of camera

The only difference between my rain and yours is that yours is more transparent and smaller. We both use basic particles except your splash particle is unreliable since there could be weird elevations.

Splashing air???

1 Like

Mine is ripped from my game where the player has a limited field of view so that is intentional also the provided example is meant to illustrate the lack of quality in your particles. I would like to see you do better when claiming Hyper Realistic Weather. Also I didn’t open source my weather system but I wrote a lighting shader than can be influenced by a string of those weather conditions. So they are not present they have noise and influence the time of day shader.

If you want to fix your system you could do custom parts for the rain for splashes or just remove the splashes. You also need to make the rain follow the camera not the humanoidrootpart. I intentionally made my rain thicker though so its more dramatic during the storms. I am pretty sure we are both using the same free model rain

I designed mine to run 0 code I have done several iterations of other types but this is my current one I prefer to use given its pitfalls because it doesn’t run in the background.
But I didn’t open source mine I am saying your rain particles are just white stripes. not hyper realistic.
You are free to use those particles to upgrade yours to achieve better realism.

The current system is fine but if you have any elevated surfaces players will see splashing in the air. Maybe you should adjust the splashing size to be the surface they are standing on or do some additional logical to make the splash effect force find a large enough surface (for example checking the size of the ramp I showed and determining its not large enough so it uses the ground below instead)

Also just realized when the character goes in first person the rain disappears so u might not be able to weld it on the humanoidrootpart since the client makes those objects transparent for first person

MY water EFX
Yours

They are not the same.
This is my point.
Your rain particle is akin to like GTA vice city remaster on release and mine is like the original version.

We use the same particle I just made the rain thicker and less transparent so that it is more visible to players and thus storms look thicker

The rain particles are very clearly different. yours is a line mine is an image meant to represent rain.
I posted it to help you out but I did expect better quality from a model claiming to be Hyper Realistic. So if you would use a better particle image that would be good to bring it up to snuff.

The particle image used is not a significant aspects of a weather script. Instead, a significant aspect of a weather script is functionality and reliability. The choice to use the particle I did was a stylistic choice because I thought it made the storms more thicker.

My weather script itself functions well and has cool additional functionality such as stopping the rain particle when they go indoors. It also doesnt face issues such as moving up elevation, the camera moving too far, and going in first person.

ooh now it’s a stylistic choice when you said hyper realistic I didn’t think you meant a line that’s not very hyper realistic of a style choice now is it? Lmfaooo

1 Like

He’s done this multiple times already, even with some of the replies around the forums…

…but yay, another one of KrimsonWoIf’s amazing creations, i guess…?

2 Likes

Okay I can play around with the particle a bit more to try to get a better visual appearance.

The fact that the logo is also made by AI is crazy

4 Likes

Hi,

Where are the puddles?

I do not see any on your open source model …

Do I need to enable something…?

And thanks for sharing it and making it open source, that was nice of you.