I am making a halloween game, how do I make the graphics kind of cartoony, like Adopt Me or other games?

I am new to building, so if this is in the wrong category, or just not a good question please tell me :blush:.
I made a simple cemetery, and I was wondering if I could make it so it didn’t look so bland and looked a little cartoony. I have seen many people’s posts, and their games look fun and attracting because of the cartoony look! If this is not a good question please tell me <3 ty!

1 Like

Low poly building with a focus on a more child like topic.

What does that mean? Sorry I’m really new to this :smiley:

Look up on the developer forum or on YouTube “low poly building”, it’s the building style Adopt Me uses.

2 Likes

It is an absolutely good question. I know someone has already answered but yes low poly will do the trick. This style involves a low number of polygons and used to be used in classic games (but is still popular today, mainly because it reduces lag, that’s why Adopt Me uses it so it’s better for mobile users) as you couldn’t make things detailed back then (for example SM64).

1 Like

Thank you! I was looking at some youtube videos, but they all used
Blender, do I have to use that to make a low poly build?

I’m not a huge modeller and I have Blender but I have no clue how to use it but I would guess that’s the only way to get good low poly items as it has much more advanced building tools than Roblox’s tools. I think it might just be possible with Roblox tools but it would be a much higher number of polygons probably.

1 Like

Adopt me uses low poly Building, blender is a great tool to make that look.

1 Like

Thank you very much guys! Would there be any tutorials on how to do this? I just started and I’m horrible at scripting and haven’t figured a lot out yet!

1 Like

I haven’t personally looked at any low poly tutorials on YouTube sadly. If you need help with anything else, if it means a job or just advice on a fix let me know!

aww! Thank you so much for the help! Definetly!

1 Like

I learned a lot of normal low poly building from grant abbit but once you know the controls, use references and it will help a lot.

I have moved this to #help-and-feedback:building-support, please read the pinned category posts for future references. e.g.