I closed roblox studio and it didn't save what I did, the lock file was not deleted, how can I open it?

I used roblox studio, then I closed it, but when I opened it again I noticed that it didn’t save anything I did
the lock file is still on my desktop, when I open it again, nothing changes in the lock file.

how I can open lock file? file name: [name].rbxl.lock

I’m not sure why it didn’t save, and im not familiar with lock files, but as it has .rbxl before the .lock, you could perhaps remove the .lock suffix from the file

If you don’t know how to do that lmk

edit: this page suggests restarting the computer to try and change the file extension

When I did what you said, the file cannot be opened

How about re-adding the .lock, then restarting the computer?

it already happened to me yesterday, I turned off the computer, I got up, it didn’t work when I tried

This might not answer your question, but a tip is that you should build a habit of saving the game from the ‘file’ menu after every change you make. I have a habit of that and so far I never lost any progress.

You don’t open lock files. Lock files exist parallel to the original file and are only so other programs can recognise that a certain original file is “locked” and they should not attempt to modify them. Delete the lock file and then open your place file again.

2 Likes

Yeah… unless the original place file was saved, you’re not getting anywhere with a lock file.

If open properties you will size it is only a couple of bytes.

If you find the place file but studio complains that it is already open, delete the lock file.