I have some questions

hello! I am InfernoProgramer, a beginner/intermediate programmer.

question1: I have been wondering, what should I learn next? So far I have learned all of the basics, for i = loops, for i,v loops, tables, a little bit of tween service, and way much more.
So all of these developers have come to this point where they are wondering what should they learn next? So what did you guys learn after you learned all of the beginner stuff and intermediate stuff that you learned? And what do you think I should learn next?

question2: should I make a sword fight game? I have been seeing all of these sword fight games and they all seem pretty good. I good example of this would be this game called sakuri sword fight, it contains a high quality map with jump pads and cool game modes, would this be a good game to make for me?

question3: Staying motivated. I can’t stress this enough guys, I have tried to make countless games and projects and it just comes to a stop, so how did you guys stay motivated and finished the game or project?

that’s all the questions so far, I will make more soon :slight_smile: and thank you for viewing!

1 Like

question1: I have been wondering, what should I learn next? So far I have learned all of the basics, for i = loops, for i,v loops, tables, a little bit of tween service, and way much more.
So all of these developers have come to this point where they are wondering what should they learn next? So what did you guys learn after you learned all of the beginner stuff and intermediate stuff that you learned? And what do you think I should learn next?

Since you’ve learned the basics of scripting I recommend learning some building skills. Especially if you’re planning to make a game. Building/Modeling is one of the most important parts of game design!!

question2: should I make a sword fight game? I have been seeing all of these sword fight games and they all seem pretty good. I good example of this would be this game called sakuri sword fight, it contains a high quality map with jump pads and cool game modes, would this be a good game to make for me?

I wouldn’t if you’re looking for money/a lot of plays. Sword games are more like a hang-out with friends situation, it’s not really worth staying in a game when I could just get admin in my game and give everyone a sword. Plus, there’s going to be a lot of competition on the search. But, if you are just looking for experience in making a simple game, I couldn’t find a better place to start.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask me! :slight_smile:

how do you say motivated to keep going on your games? And thank you for the feed back!

I use this all the time: Gaining Motivation | How to cure procrastination!

Well, you should make a portfolio and when you can do a lot of the people’s request for like 2-3 months, you can make the sword fighting game. Then when you have enough experience with making games, you can move onto bigger projects.

wow! thank you I will remember this :smiley:

1 Like

For question 3, I have the same problem, but one day I started working on another project and for the last 7 months I’m still working on it. Keep working on projects until you find the one, and you will know when it’s the one

wow thank you! This is VERY USEFULL :smiley:

2 Likes

How I stay motivated is by practicing a consistent time management schedule.

I suggest you read this post on how to stay motivated.