I have to secure my LocalScript, What do I do?

Hello everyone,

movement system is something has to be calculated on the client for the goodness of your internet and cannot be done on the server but most of my game is made out of parkour mechanics.

I just want to prevent the average KRNL guy doing the ordinary saveinstance() method, I do know that someone who knows what they’re doing will find their way around it.

1 Like

Could you show the Local Script?
There are many ways to do things that many do on Local Scripts that can be done on Scripts.

1 Like

I can’t show the script, if I do my game gets entirely leaked.

What’s the part of the script that you do locally?

movement and UI handling which UI handling of course has to be done on client and for movement im so that its really a bad idea to send the inputs to the server and let the server do the calculations.

just let the client do the movement, only let the server check if the movement was correct and if not undo the movement

What information do you get from the UIs? There’s not much I can say to help since I’m unsure about what your local script does.
But you may find this topic interesting in case it does, of course, contain information you can use for your game. How you should secure your game - A beginner guide for secure networking and developing anticheats

1 Like