I made a city, what should I need to add?

Hi everyone! My name is ProGamerKuzey_C. I just bored and I made this city. But I don’t finished, Give me some ideas to make this city better. I used toolbox but all rights reserved(c 2019-2020). This is the city:

40|690x383
What should I add? I will add most voted thing.

9 Likes

From what it looks like, you have a bridge road there. Add the floor to the area between two borders, add some water to it.
Your houses don’t have any roofs, add some to make your houses warmer ; )
Grass area is plain, why don’t you add some rocks, trees there? Maybe you can transform it into a mini park.

8 Likes

It somewhat looks a bit bland. I would suggest adding more detail to the roads, such as texture, cracks in the road, and stuff like that. The lighting is something you should work on. Also add more detail to the houses. Otherwise, it looks good.

3 Likes

Looks great :+1:. One thing is I believe the buildings whether apartments or not should have a roof to make it look a little cozy and more appealing. Maybe adding balconies if of course apartment buildings. Maybe window shutters outside the windows. Possibly street lights on the corner streets. Other than that it looks great!

4 Likes

Maybe a bit of triangle terrain and some trees. Will look more like home with nature.

2 Likes

The construction site looks great in your build, and so does the fountain. I do feel like you may want to try more depth/alternating colors for the buildings. Perhaps, pick a different color and material for one floor and have it be a different depth from the rest of the floors. Or perhaps try adding fire escapes for detail. There’s a lot of things you can do here, just try looking at references of real-life cities and choosing what you want to add, you’d be surprised.

3 Likes

Your city looks pretty good so far, but it’s kinda bland.
Here are some thing’s you could possibly add:
• Vegetation such as: flowers, bushes, trees
• Street lamps
• Benches
• Roofs w/ chimney’s, you could also add smoke
• Trash cans
And many more!
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me!

3 Likes

Like vAshinaa said, it feels a bit bland, I suggest making each building unique and not “copy-pasted”. You could even add more detail to the roads and buildings. Think about what you see in your city or another city irl that makes it so unique.

Here are my suggestions for improving the city:

City decorations: You can include light poles, electricity poles, mailboxes, etc. This will help make the city look much more detailed and inviting as it isn’t just random buildings with a road in the middle of nowhere.

Natural environment: You can include trees, bushes, flowers, grass, etc. This will help make it look more realistic, no city is just plain buildings and structures, there is always going to be some sort of life form involved.

Detail to buildings: Make the buildings not all the same shape, make some higher, smaller, wider, thinner, or perhaps change the material too. This will help make it look realistic, most cities aren’t just one structure, they can vary from colours, shapes, sizes and textures.

Lighting: It does look a little dark and like no life is shown, I suggest making it light and perhaps adding a bit of a filter to it. This will help make it look more live like, you don’t want it to look like an abandoned city if that is not what you are going for.

Ground leveling: Adding hills and making the road go up and down will make it look more realistic, no city is completely flat. This will again help make it look more realistic and enjoyable to explore in, flat land is not really something everyone loves.

1 Like

There are quite a few more things that you can add. You could add some lamp posts to the city and try to make those yellow lines on the road to give it more detail.

It look like a great idea! I can do that!

Wow I’m instersted for it. Good idea!

Also Im making Lightings too. :smiley:

Street Lamps: I made some
Benches: Yes
Trash: No
lol

Thanks for your reply! I will apply this!

Don’t forget to plant those trees!

Your welcome @ProGamerKuzey_C :slight_smile:

You could maybe:
Add door knobs to the houses
Not sure if it’s intended or not, but maybe change the glass material (which is smoothplastic or just plastic) on the windows with either glass or neon
Add roofs
Add some objects around the town, like trashcans, bus stops (maybe with ads?), soda cans on the ground, trees, flowers, lemonade stands and other things
Add garages and yards on some of the houses, since they look copy and pasted right now
Add crucial buildings such as fire stations, police stations, stores etc
and fences near the bridge.

1 Like

you can make a port area, its nice and complex :wink:

You should add some more terrain so it is not just void on the outside of the island.

Signed.
Kieranl29 Founder of D&R Studio and Dev forum helpers