I made a sort of realistic cloud engine thing, comments?

Damn, looks amazing! I’m guessing it uses perlin noise, right?

This looks great! Would really help those who want to make or add realism to their games. I would make it open sourced.

1 Like

I wish! (Unfortunately I’m not that smart:( lol) It uses particle effects atm as well as fog to enhance the naturality of it all

Thanks so much! I think I will make it open sourced once i have optimised it and made it as good as possible:)

Woah, would’ve never guessed, I thought it was a mix of particles and noise. Nice job!

1 Like

Looks amazing, great work I think you should definitely make it open source! Other developers would really appreciate implementing your system.

1 Like

Thank you! I will definitely make it open sourced once i have completed it to perfection :slight_smile:

I’m really convinced that these are super realistic I would love to see them in motion, if they move) that would be super cool for a realistic game.

1 Like

Woah! Thats soo cool dude! I made my own clouds for a game I’m making using beams, but this is alot better!

1 Like

Thanks! They do move in the game:) 30charrrrrrrrrs

Hey there!
I really liked how you were thinking when implementing this however, I had a couple of things to point out that I think would make the system not only look but also work better.

1. The clouds do not really look like what was shown in the photo above. Especially in lower graphics. It was way more than what it was meant to be. This isn’t really much of an issue with me and I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t be with other developers as they are able to edit it if it ever became open-sourced.

2. Intense number of parts, can cause lag.
    I’ve noticed one more thing with this system is that it creates some kind of parts?
    I think this is a huge mistake and will not be compatible much with huge games.

3. parts generate too close to the ground.
    It also shows that parts are way to close to the ground making them more unrealistic compared to the default ROBLOX skybox.

I think fixing up these points will help improve it a ton and give it more of a realistic look…?
Overall I don’t think this is bad at all. I like your creativity with it and can’t wait to see more in the future.

2 Likes

Hi, thanks for the feedback, the clouds never look the same because they are randomly generated, and I’m gonna be honest you just witnessed some very thin cloud :). The 3000 parts are not needed to cover that baseplate, that was just me testing the overall generation on large areas. Anyone can control the amount of parts that are generated and the base range of these parts from the script - also developers can change the distance from the ground in the script, as can I - I have not changed it since the start so I apologise if that has caused a few problems, I will try and move them further up in future:). I absolutely understand your points, and I am going to continue working on this to make it as good as possible and fix up what you mentioned, as well as optimise it for a variety of games and devices. Feel free to try it again and see if the clouds are any better:) I will certainly focus on decreasing the dependence on randomness for good thick cloud. Thank you so much for the feedback, I will take it on board:)

2 Likes

This is Pretty cool idea, but I think you should get rid of the default Sky-box; in substitute Add 3 layers of clouds with 3 different transparency and varying speeds. So It gives the player a better feel for depth.

1 Like

They look great but rotate with you if you’re looking at them it’s very obvious and breaks the added layer of immersion for me.

1 Like

Hey, first of all, good job on making this, but I think you should use another sprite rather than
the long one I used for the tutorial example, since it looks pretty weird in first person view.

I posted a tutorial of making cloud effect on devforum before, but since the cloud system was originally made by @mujtaba0880, can you please credit him if possible? Thanks.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, I will work on finding a better sprite, you are both credited in the description of the game, and I have credited you both in the post now as well:)

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback! I will work on implementing that:)

1 Like

Thanks for the feed back! I will try and find a way to combat this or make it less obvious:)

This is 10x better, IT LOOKS SO GOOD!

2 Likes

Thanks! 30charrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs

1 Like