I’m working on a fun game where you can trade pets and yet I have no idea how to make a trading system. I have tried to do some research and still haven’t found anything. May someone help me please, thank you.
Have you attempted scripting anything to actually make the trading system?
How should I write my topic?
You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:
- What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!
- What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!
- What solutions have you tried so far?
I’m learning scripting but still have a lot to learn as well. I’m not to the point where I can script a trading gui. That is why I am asking here.
Here is an older post where someone asked the same question: Making a trading system?
In that case, making a trading system uses a Client-Server-Client communication model.
• Player A wants to trade with Player B, so Player A tells the server.
• The server asks Player B if he/she wants to trade with Player A.
• If yes, yhen Player A selects which pets he/she wants to trade with Player B (Make sure Player B can see what Player A wants to trade with them!)
• Player B selects what to trade with Player A (Player A can see this as well)
• Both players have a button to press if they’re ready to trade, if both buttons are clicked, the trade will proceed.
This can be accomplished with Remote Events, however this would be better with Remote Functions. Why? because this system is all about results and status. Both players need to be constantly updated about what’s going on. It’s all about transparency (which is good UX wise).
With remote functions, you can give back results depending on what you invoked/requested.
I suggest that you check out the API page and the code samples and give it a try. Along the way, you can ask questions and eventually come up with a trading system.
note down all the things that @wevetments said in a piece of paper
Break that into sections.
Now observe what you dont know. Try to learn it (here events)
And write what ever comes to your mind.
Dont worry there will be times when you dont know what to do and when that happens
ask question here providing the code you have written and all the other information required to help you.
Thanks for reading
Ok, thank you so much. I will try and see what will happen.