I need help testing my new game

Hello guys,
Let me start by saying I don’t know whether I post this into the correct category. If it is not, I apologize.

I have started developing my game on Roblox for around 2 weeks. This is a runner game. The idea is simple. While you run, there will be blocks disappearing behind. To win, try to predict where your opponent will be running and destroy that block.

If anyone want to test the game, please feel free to & please tell me what are the suggestions that you think my game will need in order to be fun!

Hello,
This is a full explanation on how I feel about this game.

Let’s start with the first introduction (page of the game):

There’s no game icon and no thumbnails, usually game with no decoration besides the description get ignored by the algorithm because of the feeling of blandness. (NO RATING)

The description is a bit messy, while it does describe the objective of the game it feels like it’s a forced information.
Emojis actually make the game look lower in quality. However, the description is still understandable as it doesn’t have many emojis.
It is recommended however that you use the devforum link relating to updates (the topic must be in the #bulletin-board category).

The rating for the description would be a 5.5/10.

Lastly, the game name.
To people that never read descriptions (aka. majority of players), the game name can mean different things.
For example, some random might think that the game is about speedrunning towards some goal as fast as possible, like Speedrun 4 (great og game btw).
However, it is clean unlike other names such as “RUN & SABOTAGE OTHERS TO WIN”.

The rating for the game name would be an 8/10, unclear of meaning but clean in simplicity.

The total rating for the page would be a 6.75/10.

Now, let’s look at the game itself:

The lobby is good, but it has problems.
The christmas tree in the middle isn’t a big issue since either you’ve probably never realized christmas ended or you’re not feeling like deleting or putting the tree in a storage.
The secret room being visible however, kinda ruins the purpose of ‘secret’.
‘Secret’ means something that is not known or seen by others.
The entrance being visible doesn’t make it a secret anymore, we as players can now see that there is a vault that has something hidden inside without having to figure out how to enter the room.
There is no window to the game, there is also no spectator button.

Overall, the lobby gets a 7/10.

The gameplay however, could’ve been better.
It’s a spleef game where you try to kill players by following their paths (how they kill others).
Simple, yet effective. However…
It has no music, which gives an empty vibe to the game, and that’s not a good thing if you want to make a fun game.
The gameplay can be repetitive overtime, since it only has 1 mode and map.
Try adding some variety such as a team-based gamemode.

Overall, the gameplay would get a 6.25/10

The total rating for the game would be a 6.625/10.

The final rating would be a 6.7/10.

Here are sources to help you improve your game:

3 Likes

Hi Operator,
Thank you for your response. I would like to extend my gratitude to you for taking the time to comment things I need to improve on and reviewing my game.

I will take note of your respose and try to implement most of the things said. This is my first ever feedback from a member of the Roblox devforum community. I am so thankful that you were the first one to review and comment on what you think my game is lacking.

Some things that are in the process

• I may need some time to find an artist to do my game icon. Same goes with the maps.
  • I will be working on a new mode in the future.
  • I added in more madness to the game.
1 Like