I need help with a anti-expolit

I am sick of expoliters leaking games and stealing assets, someone please help me make a good anti exploit.

You can’t prevent asset theft, since the assets have to be replicated to the client so they can be interacted with. Best you can do is file DMCA takedowns.

So how would I do that? I am not a great programmer.

Try this

2 Likes

If you have ever played, Emergency Response: Liberty County - Roblox Liberty County theres is really good and it bans you almost immediatly.

What that game likely does is use a recursive game:FindFirstChild to check for any elements with suspicious names, however this can be easily bypassed by just using random names.

If you want to protect your code or any unused assets, place them in ServerScriptService or ServerStorage respectively.

Regarding assets (models, meshes, textures, etc.), if a player can see it, they can steal it. There’s nothing simple that can be done to prevent this. Unfortunately, any maps or models built for a game can easily be stolen.

But if it was in Rep. Storage, could they not look at it with DevEx?

DevEx has nothing to do with this. He meant that assets can only be stolen if they are replicated to the client. So, like, in order for a player to be able to see a texture or hear a sound, it has to be downloaded and if the player wants to somehow save that data to their own computer, it can’t be stopped. As @sjr04 said the only really effective way to handle this is to report it if it does happen.

3 Likes

Ok, I’ll try that than you.

I’ll try to keep this updated.

The “leaking games and stealing assets” is not preventable but for good anti-exploit methods you should implement safe checks into your scripts and work on your remote security, you can find some good posts for that here:

Hope this helps!

I suppose you can reduce the probability of your game being leaked, but can’t fully get rid of game leakage.

I think you could make a hidden script that sabotages the whole game when someone plays it in a stolen copy (if the GameID, CreatorID and PlaceID doesnt equal the IDs from the original game)

How could I do that? (I’m am not that great of a programmer)

Since exploiters can only steal things that are replicated to the client, the contents of server scripts can’t be copied. So the worst that could happen is that they get your game’s map. You could try ML4Bzero’s idea with a local script, but those can just be found and deleted.

Yes, but it would be harder that way.

It would be pointless that way, too. What I’m trying to say is that you can’t really prevent geometry theft and you shouldn’t worry about trying to stop it. Just design your game to be original and keep it up to date and it will likely be more popular and worthwhile than any knock-off.

I believe there is a way to block people from injecting exploits into a game, but I have no clue how to do that.

Same, here and I would love to know how.