I need help with a Code Executer

Ok I will rn I will also @ you

Actually you donā€™t need to do that. I posted the same question:

1 Like

Is it local script? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

This is great! Itā€™s very useful.

To access a gui it has to be a local script.

2 Likes

box:GetPropertyChangedSignal("Text"):Connect(function()
doesnā€™t seem to be working in Server, might as well consider using Local script for it.

Yes ok thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am very happy :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

BTW, if you are the only one who will use this, you can also use ā€œ/consoleā€ (developer console) to fire server side code. In studio playtest you can also fire local code with the command bar.

This is pretty risky since youā€™re using remotes and loadstring to execute code on the server, one error could be catastrophic; if you want to make client sided changes, you could use a wrapper (you pass a string into a wrapper) on the client to return a function which you can call (this is really similar to loadstring) but, itā€™s much safer since exploiters will have a lower chance of gaining server sided access.
If you want to make changes on the server with code, you can use the in game console to execute code on the server (this only works if you have permissions to edit the game).

But I want it to happen on the server

and whats a wrapper? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

If you want code to be executed on the server, you could use the in game console (Iā€™ll post a picture here soon) and, the term wrapper is has a verity of definitions depending based on the context it is used in; in simple terms, a wrapper here is something that takes a string (code) which is parsed, then a function is created based off the input e.g.

local Wrapper = require(...)
local String = [["print('Hello World!')"]]
local ReturnedFunction = Wrapper.Wrap(String)
ReturnedFunction () -- Should print "Hello World!"

If youā€™d like to learn more about wrappers, Iā€™d recommend looking into the source code of a few open source wrappers (you should be able to find some on the DevForums).

1 Like

What would I require? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

@Unknownstaffmembe :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I need to use wrapper since I cannot use loadstring in a localscript

Hi, sorry for the late reply, here is a picture gif of the command line in the developer console,
xK7gcU948g
also, if youā€™d like to use a wrapper, Iā€™d recommend looking into some of the posts from here Search results for 'lua wrapper #resources' - DevForum | Roblox.

couldnt find any :frowning: can you get an ID? please

Hereā€™s a pretty nice lua wrapper

and, itā€™s sandboxed too so, exploiters wonā€™t have access to certain functions/methods if they do somehow (unlikely if you handle remotes correctly and do checks) gain server sided access.

Can you send it to me from the roblox website link? and can you show me how to use it?