I need help with making an island!

1. What do you want to achieve? I want to make a large island map for my open world driving game.

2. What is the issue? I can’t seem to find a good island generation plugin that I can use easily.

3. What solutions have you thought of so far? So far, I have a rectangle looking map without any beaches or features. (It looks like this)

2 Likes

Well, this belongs in #help-and-feedback:building-support , you rather use parts then terrain?

I changed it, thanks for being helpful. :smile:

2 Likes

If its a terrain island you want, you can use the Generate tool under Terrain. Otherwise, I think you have to do it yourself.

A way to make quick islands is by using heightmaps (which can only be used with terrain as far as i know). You can search/generate island heightmaps and you can then plop the image into the heightmap importer.

Hmm, I don’t know I suggest using parts so it can generate easier, but you can have chunks so when you are on one part the other parts don’t generate until you are close near them. Like maybe try putting some in the Server storage and script it, but I am not a scripter I might be wrong on how this works. Try asking help in the Scripting Support. :upside_down_face:

I don’t quite understand what you mean about heightmaps. Can you explain step by step what to do?

Smooth Terrain Heightmap/Colormap Importer Release! This might help you

1 Like