I need motivation/ideas for building a map!

Hey, i’m ogeyar and this is my 2nd year and a half on studio.
I’ve recently started this project which has a big map. It’s like a hood game but less cringe.

Anyways, that’s off topic. I’ve been struggling to make even more buildings. I am out of ideas and my creativity has just died.
I have no motivation to continue the buildings and they are starting to look the same. I have no idea what type of buildings I should make,
size, shape, look, etc.

Please, if you have any site which helps with making buildings or I could get ideas from, you are really helping me.
And yes, if you could tell me what motivates you to continue a project.

I’ve attempted making templates of building shapes but I have no idea what look it will have.

Also as i said, buildings are starting to get repetitive, nothing is really worth exploring just same buildings with different shapes!

Here is my creativity a few months ago.

Now… it’s just flat out gone.

I feel as if I lost my opportunity to finish this game.

Please help!

6 Likes

Something you could do to stop the repetitive buildings is try removing something from a duplicated model and then add more to it. If you need motivation it’s really all down to you and how you feel it’s going. You want to make things people will enjoy and return to.

1 Like

Just imagine a walk in your city, or anywhere, what would be there? What are you headed? What do you want to do later?

For motivation, invite a friend. A friend will keep you motivated and in a positive spirit if you give the same amount of energy back. So, find a friend who might live in booming city, and ask them, “How’s life where you are?”

Have them ask you questions too, it might bring out ideas! Such as, “Do you know what a _____ is? Is there something in your town that is equivalent to _____?”

There is a chance to finish this game if you do not think its finished. If you need ideas think of what makes a city able to function. A city will not function without things like food. This is very good.

I know some ways to get some ideas for your buildings. You need to get creative though. You can use these tips to generate ideas:

1. Change the size of an every day object to the size of a building.
    Take a computer mouse for example. You can create a building that shapes exactly like that. But of course, you can alter it a bit so it looks interesting. This is suitable for medium sized to big buildings.

2. Look at your enviromental surroundings.
    Just like tip 1, put yourself outside. What can you see? Take the flower for an example. You can design a building that shapes like it. Or if you prefer, it can be the arrangement of buildings. Lexis Hibiscus is a perfect example for this.

These are some tips for your buildings. It can be challenging at first, but remember, every failure is a part of success. I hope that helps.