I need some help with Optimization

Hello, I am making a skyscraper building game, and I have an issue with FPS.

There are 88 floors, and every floor is practically similar to one-another. When I look down to the floor I get 60 FPS, when I look up to the building I only get about 19-20. I have a very high end PC, pretty new. When I disabled all Lights in the building and look up, I got about 45-50 FPS. Union RenderFidelity is Automatic, Streaming is enabled, scripts are very optimized, what else can I do?

1 Like

Future lighting is not enabled*

A few things I know of:
Turn off collisions on parts that will obviously not be touched, or parts acting as plant matter (i.e. leaves).
Turn off shadows on parts that create light.
Turn off shadows on window/clear/semitransparent parts.
Otherwise it’s a little hard to say.

Maybe try messing around with the streaming enabled target and minimum range. The default numbers might be high to the point that it can cover maybe half or your entire building.

(this is the 6th time that I answer a topic like this, hmmm…)
Anyway here are some solutions that you can apply to your game:

1. Remove the terrain that you don’t see
  2. Enable streaming (for more informations Content streaming )
  3. Disable Cast Shadows in the parts that doesn’t need shadows
  4. Optimize your scripts
  5. Use meshes (how to create a mesh from a building you did in studio meshes )
  6. Optimise the collions box (for other building tips here )
  7. Remove Can Collide to parts that you can’t touch

You can have some viruses some make sure that any script have a require() function unless you know what it requires; search for backdoors too!
It can be a plugin too!

(Another thing you can do is to open the Game Explorer tab, and delete images, assets… that you don’t use)

Hope it helps :slightly_smiling_face:
PS: Sorry for the bad English

There are a few ways you can reduce lag while building, I find the most productive way, is going through all of the parts that are directly connected and Union them, test the game after each Union to Make sure it’s still playable and there aren’t any transparent parts, do this contentious to the whole build if you can, make sure to only union the parts with the same textures. I’m assuming you already know how Roblox Unions work so there’s not really much to explain. Another method when building is streaming enabled, this doesn’t exactly reduce the quality of the build but helps a lot, as this is a single tower don’t expect too much from it, these are the only two methods I could think of as of now without lowering the quality of the build, I do have some other methods in mind that’ll reduce lag for sure only if you’re willing to lower the quality of your build. Also, make sure that every part is Anchored Including locked parts. If you have any questions let me know