I think my game has been backdoored

I want to remove a backdoor in my game, I just put a sound to my game from the toolbox and the sound’s name is “toreador march” however, I’ve deleted the sound already but whenever I play the game, it’s still there.

I haven’t updated my game yet and I’m not planning to because there’s a backdoor on my game.

I haven’t found any solution or what to do here since I’m really new at coding.
I can just not update my game and discard what I have done but I’d really like to know if there’s something I can do.

Any help is appreciated

5 Likes

It very much seems like a backdoor. I recommend you remove it IMMEDIATELY.

2 Likes

Hello, I’ve tried removing it but it’s still coming back.
it’s just in the game and not in my other games which is probably good…

I’ve made my game private for now so that it doesn’t affect any user.

Its most likely a malicious plugin. Disable all your plugins that have the permission “script injection” and then delete the script. If it still comes back, then tell me.

Just like what @ValiantWind said (rickroll moment), you should probably remove that.

You should also do CTRL+SHIFT+F and type in “require”

Go look at every single script that requires something, double-check for anything that looks… dare I say it… sus.

1 Like

Screenshot 2022-02-14 170023
These are all from the ez camera port, so this isn’t probably the backdoor

2 Likes

Its most likely a malicious plugin. Disable all your plugins that have the permission “script injection” and then delete the script. If it still comes back, then tell me.

2 Likes

I’ve disabled all the plugins, uninstalled them, and deleted the script.
It’s still here, I’ve also noticed that when I deleted it, it automatically comes back. ( the script)

if it’s unsolvable no biggie, it’s just a fun project I’m doing.

To check if this really is a plugin or just an infected place, I suppose you can make a new place, and see if its still there.

2 Likes

Hello, I’ve made a new place and played it and saw that nothing changed in the workspace, it’s just 1 place and not a plugin

Actually, no, I might have figured out what happened. Go to Studio Settings and enable the setting where you can see the Plugin GuiObjects in explorer. After that, search through the all of the plugin guiobjects in the explorer. If there’s a script in any of them, delete it.

I suggest you make a new place, transfer all ‘safe’ scripts that you deem. If it happens again I suggest just trial and error it out with the scripts. And also use the search scripts to find Hex, getfenv() and/or other lua globals and require methods.

This is quire inefficient as plugins are literally made out of scripts, won’t that mean you are deleting the plugin script? And also it won’t be taken into effect on other games. I mean, I may be wrong but that’s what I think.

1 Like

He already disabled and uninstalled all the plugins, but there might be a script hidden in the Plugin GuiObjects that could be the one that keeps on reinjecting the malicious script over and over.

If you do this (@WwolfThe1st) make sure to proof read the script and not blindly delete it

delete it and make a new script.

You mean a new game or a script?

Where is the script parented to? And can you search for these two terms in the workspace and see if anything comes up?

It’s parented to the workspace according to the screenshot provided

Its perfectly fine to delete all the SCRIPTS in the Plugin GuiObjects because it won’t have an overall effect on the game. Plugins are solely meant to add on to Studio. They aren’t a need for it.