I tried making a Japanese temple

As @Isukali said… Adding some realistic lighting and using the shadowmap technology would make this build look fantastic! Really good! I can’t see any faults and this is incredibly accurate to the real deal… And its simple… I love simple.

1 Like

Your Japanese build is very well made I can see it’s still in progress. However it’s a great build for starters, but it lacks a bit of detail.

From the reference image I possibly saw online I can see you’re getting very close. However, you should get the shape right on the build. As when looking at the reference image you’re going off from the roof has support beams in the corners holding up the roof part.

I think you should try moving them from the middle to the corners and then add little ones, around the whole building depending on what kind of image you’re going off from. I recommend you add some small noticeable details to really bring your build out, and to get that realistic design.

Secondly, I feel like you should add some details to the roof since it looks rather plain, I would add some roof tile pattern to it and possibly. The curved roof in the middle.

Also, the stone tablet bottom piece I would try changing the material to concrete, instead of cobblestone I don’t think it matches the reference image you’re recreating but that’s just my opinion.

Overall, I think it looks good so far! There are just some places here and there that need improving.

2 Likes

I don’t think there is anything I can say apart from everyone else, but this part could do a little work and more detail. image It just looks a bit weird, same with this.image You could perhaps use a few more wedges in those places. But one of the most important parts to me would definitely not only be the temple but the environment around it. It could look really nice in a forest or something. I love it apart from that, good work. :crown:

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback! I’m going to try and improve the lighting on the temple, and add decorations.

2 Likes

Thank you for your feedback! I’m going to change it to Slate, to save all of our eyes.

3 Likes

Looks really good, now you should make some enviroment and better graphics!

1 Like

Here’s the (maybe) final version of the temple. Thank you all for your feedback!
If it’s still lacking something, please tell me. I’m always open to constructive criticism!

Plugins used:

• Archimedes Two by Scriptos
  • GapFill by Stravant
  • ResizeAlign by Stravant
  • Model Reflect by Stravant
  • Atmos Pro by Elttob
  • Brushtool by XAXA
  • Celestial Body Dragger by CloneTrooper1019

the mountains you are seeing are just grass cylinders, i was too lazy to actually make them

6 Likes

Look very amazing, I can differently see some improvements. The first thing I would improve is the roof I can see it’s missing the support beams that’s suppose to hold the roof up like I said above, you could add some in the corners holding up the roof part. And then finish it by adding small parts around the building depending if you’re already working on that.

Overall, it’s looking good though hope to see the final build. If you need an idea on what I’m talking about here is a reference image below.

Example

3 Likes

Alright, I’ll try adding the support beams to the roof today. Thanks for the feedback!

3 Likes

I added the support beams, but I’m not exactly sure if it’s supposed to look like this. If it looks a bit wrong, please tell me!

2 Likes

Well, they’re not the worst but the support beams are actually not all spaced out like how you made yours there more close, but just a little from each other. I would suggest you try making the under roof, red since in the reference images they don’t look all white like that.

Also looking up some images to see how to accomplish the detail could also help you out but I’ll link a image below to give you a better view on how the support beams look like.

Other than that it’s coming together very well.

1 Like

I think it looks great! It just needs some finishing touches around the roof though. Maybe some gold at the end of the beams would be a nice addition.

1 Like

It’s really good, keep up the good work.

You should consider making your trees more detailed, and maybe some additional nature around, because it seems bland a little bit.

1 Like

Alright, I’ve used your feedback(again), and made this. Thank you for all of your feedback!

I used this thread Efficiently building good looking trees (with CSG) to help me make the trees. I know they look like free models, but trust me they aren’t!

Again, if it’s missing something, please tell me!

7 Likes

So much better then the first post, just looking at makes me feel relaxed and calm.

2 Likes

I can really see some improvements you have made to your build. You definitely took your time to recreate the real life Japanese temple I can say it’s looking very amazing.

The only thing that I’ll try to work on is the roof you could try making it more curved, seen in the reference image above the corners is more going up. I recommend working on that and see how it looks like once it’s fully finished and then you could try adding bits of detail to the building, however I don’t know what kind of image you’re going off from but I would try looking at that to see what it’s missing.

2 Likes

You should add lanterns on he sides of the building to finish off the look. (You did really good)

1 Like

I see you made a Japanese temple. In my perspective, the temple you have created is really cartoonic looking though you did a great job in making the temple. The colors looks so lively and really makes people have a positive feeling towards it. The building you created is not just some model that’s simple, its a model that really makes the eyes of people have an appreciation for it. In all, the work you did is remarkable and spectacular. Keep doing a better job in developing this!

1 Like

Very great! But I don’t understand why did you write かなり良い(Very good) on a stone monument?

2 Likes

If I recall correctly, it was just some placeholder text written on the column since I ran out of ideas.

3 Likes