Syncing Time on Roblox Across Servers - Need Guidance

I’m interested in learning how to sync the time on Roblox across servers with day/night cycling, but I would prefer not to rely on existing resources or solutions provided by the community. While I appreciate that these resources can be useful for solving the problem quickly, I believe that creating my own solution will help me grow as a developer and deepen my understanding of how the system works.

In addition, by learning how to do this myself, I will be able to apply this knowledge to other projects related to syncing time. This will not only improve my skills as a developer but also allow me to be more flexible and creative in my solutions. Therefore, I would appreciate any guidance or resources you could offer that would help me learn how to do this on my own. Thank you for your help!

Have you seen this post?

2 Likes

You could just use os.time() just like you mentioned. And if you want a day-night cycle to last for 30 minutes, you could just do os.time()/1800 (1800 being 30 minutes in seconds), remove the leading number and only keeping the decimal. Then you could use that to base your clocktime off of that using some kind of scale that you’d have to make yourself.

Edit: Nvm, just use the person’s post above lol

Thank you for sharing that information with me. I have actually come across that before, but I’m hoping to deepen my understanding of syncing day/night on Roblox by learning how to do it myself.

I’m looking to improve my skills and knowledge in scripting, and I believe that understanding the intricacies of this process will be beneficial to achieving my goals.

Could you please point me in the direction of some resources or offer any guidance that would help me learn how to do this on my own? I would be very grateful for any advice you can provide.